Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #1

3170ds outside td/dvd

I have 2014 sunseeker 3170ds and the outside tv/dvd player show picture but no sound. I had cd playing on the radio but now no sound on either the radio or cd .I can see the meter on the radio moving like I should have sound and the track number is showing on the face also. If I use the tv on antenna I can get picture and sound. The radio is a m3500dvd model anybody else has have this problem?

Also on the rear bedroom I can not get the front dvd to show on the tv The only connection on the rear tv is the antenna I have played with the switching unit but no change
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #2

I think if you use your remote on settings you might be able to tell it to pull sound from DVD player. I have a Leprechaun 319DSF and the DVD players only work with the TV that they're near.
Hope this helps.
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #3

No this is a outside tv with a radio dvd combo under it
thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #4

I have the same unit in the Forester. On the outside TV, the DVD is connected via RCA/component cables. You might check that the audio cables (red and white) are plugged into the correct input. You can test just by switching the TV input, selecting another input and see if you get sound but no picture. Of course that won't help if the audio cable came unplugged.

On the back TV, you have to put the TV on channel 3 (or 4 depending on your switchbox setting) and the switchbox for the back TV on DVD.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Are the TV speakers turned off?

The radio would play through the two speakers on either side of the DVD/CD player.
The TV would play through the TV speakers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #6

bclemens Yes the speakers are turn on. The tv I can get picture and sound. The radio I can not get any sound. The first trip it played a cd and had sound from front speakers changed cd and could not get any sound. I can see the meter move on the display but no sound from radio. I tried to get dvd to play on outside TV with it on Ch3 got picture but only in black and white it shows color when on antenna .
the Tv in bed room also shows dvd in black and white could the converted box be bad?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #7

The outside TV, for playing DVD select a different input (use remote and press input to change to aux) - it doesn't use the switch box that is inside the coach. For the bedroom TV try channel 4 instead of channel 3. My bedroom TV wouldn't play from the front Magnadyne DVD and found out that the RCA cables to the switchbox were on the wrong jacks.
I suspect the same wrong connection with your outside TV but from the outside stereo/DVD to the TV. Nothing from the outside TV goes through the switchbox inside.

Bobby
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
Commercial Member

The inside DVD can play on the outside TV, but its not necessarily designed for it. That is why there is a DVD on the outside. Either the DVD player on the outside is on "mute" or potentially there is a wire loose. The Outside DVD/radio play on the two speakers (not the TV speakers)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The inside DVD can play on the outside TV, but its not necessarily designed for it. That is why there is a DVD on the outside.
I never tried the Magnadyne player for the outside TV. Would be somewhat awkward attempting to get the Maganadyne remote to work from outside. It is already interesting to work it from the bedroom in the back.
I have seen that the bedroom TV has been changed to have its own DVD player.
On a different note; I purchased a blu-ray player that has RCA outputs since most of our DVD collection has gone to blu-ray. I can plug the blu-ray into the switchbox and allow it to modulate (and downgrade the video quality) or just move the player to whichever 4 televisions in the coach we want to watch from and just use the HDMI.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #10

What model Blu-ray player did you get is it 12 volt or 110 power?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #11

I got this one: Amazon.com: Sony BDP-BX18/S185 Blu-ray Player with HDMI cable (Black): Electronics
120 volt

Tags
3170, dvd