Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

4 Door fridge

I'll start a new thread so I don't hijack someone else's thread.
I have a 2015 3010 with the 4 door fridge. In extreme weather at Myrtle Beach over July I believe the digital read out said 54 degrees. It was around 100 degrees outside and extremely muggy. The air conditioner had a hard time keeping up during the day. It was my wife and daughter on the trip. I'm not sure of the closing and opening throughout the day, but if I know my daughter it was probably pretty often. That was the only time I've seen the temperature of the fridge go that high.
I turned my fridge on at the house a few days ago to just see how it keeps the temperature. It's been in the upper 80's and the fridge didn't go above 34. That was with no opening the door at all.
I know people on the other thread said they think I have a problem with the fridge. Would it be able to hold the temperature to 34 if it was leaking ammonia or had some other type of problem? Secondly, are there fans already in these units? I didn't see any below and I went to check on the roof and there's Dicor on the screws to take the plastic piece off vent and wasn't ready to do that yet. My thought is, if there are no fans, would it help to put a couple fans in for extreme weather?
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

When it is that hot, I hear fans running most of the time, but mine normally does not exceed 40F. Do you not hear any fans?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:55 PM   #3

For what it's worth, I often keep my fridge running when my MH is at my house for a few days with no AC and with temps in the cabin well above 90 as a result. I've never seen my fridge get above 40 even with those extreme interior temps. 3010DS here

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
jeffreymhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #4

42 degrees is the worst I have seen in mine. Sounds like you have an issue. Sorry.
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13larry View Post
When it is that hot, I hear fans running most of the time, but mine normally does not exceed 40F. Do you not hear any fans?

I'm not sure if it's fans. It is intermittently noisy. Maybe it is a fan. I thought I had read of people saying they put a fan kit in and it dropped the temperature 10 degrees in hot weather.
The dealer I bought it from is 4 hours away, and I think if they turn it on to test it like I did, with it not going above 34, they'll say there's not a problem.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, fridge