Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #1

4 tanks ?

This is a question I have had and maybe some one can answer. I have 4 holding tank on the Sunseeker. Fresh water (good thing), Black tank (another good thing), a Gray tank, and a KITCHEN Tank that holds water from the kitchen sink. Why is there a kitchen tank? Why did they not drain to the gray tank? Jus tthought I would ask. My last RV only had the 3 tanks. This kitchen tank is not even noted in any material by Forest River. Do some of the other MH's also have the extra tank?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Is your kitchen sink on the opposite side of your motorhome than the sink and shower in the bathroom? It could be the distance from the tank doesn't allow a 1/4" per foot slope of the pipe to the tank without it running into the side of the tank instead of the top. Does it have it's own seperate drain outlet or does it combine to another at the waste exit?
I have 5, for the bath and a half (2) Black water,(2) grey water and (1) Fresh water.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #3

Depends on the layout of your rig. I have a separate kitchen tank for my 26 RKS. It was more feasible for them to add a tank than to run a line from the rear kitchen to the center of the trailer.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

My Rockwood 5th wheel has 4 tanks. I love the extra gally tank, since Sweet Wife tends to use lots of water doing dishes, and it always fills first. The drain placement could be improved, however.

Forest River appreciates the support of their products, and so they'd like to tank you very much.

You see?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #5

Thanks folks. I think that answers the mail. The kitchen sink is on the curb side long with the shower. The potty and bath sink are the only 2 on the street side.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #6

My V-Lite has a separate kitchen tank plus the bath sink/shower tank, plus the black water tank for the toilet. It is a pain in the rear draining the black and gray bathroom tanks, then disconnecting the hose and moving it to the front to drain the kitchen sink tank. Also, on my unit, these are only 30 or 40 gal. tanks! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #7

4 here to
water, one galley, one gray(shower) one black
Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #8

I am looking at three floor plans, Rockwood 8315 BSS ( front kitcken ), Rockwood 8319 SS ( front lounge ), and a Rockwood 3001 W Wind Jammer ( rear lounge ). Which is like my Rockwood 8314 SS. The only one that is different then the rest is the 8315 SS, the kitchen is farther from the bath room then the other two but they all three have only THREE tanks, Fresh,Grey and a Black. Like I said before, the Wind Jammer is like my 8314 SS, but I have 4 thanks, Fresh,Grey,Black and a Galley. The only thing I can figure is that with a Galley tank it gives you more capacity for waste with out over filling the Grey.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker le