Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #1

A big thanks to Quadra Bigfoot leveling systems support

I went camping this past weekend and attempted to use the bigfoot levelers with no success. I have determined that these things really only workes on almost level lots. So I brought them back up and didn't use them. After about 15 miles on the way home yesterday the system started beeping at me. I pulled over ASAP and pulled out the manual. It said that a sensor may be bad or one other possibility I don't recall at the moment. It didn't list any way to fix the problem.

So I called the companies phone number hoping for tech support. They give their hours of operation which of course didn't include Sundays. But hold on the line and they give three numbers to their support guys. Jim walked me through a procedure of putting it in manual mode and putting each one down for 3 seconds. After all 4 have been partially put down, I hit the retract and that fixed the issue. He explained that sometimes they don't seat properly and driving may jiggle it enough to trip the sensor. Putting them down and backup usually fixes it. They really should put this procedure in the manual to save their support people a phone call.

But Jim was very willing to help so if you see this, thanks Jim!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #2

[QUOTE=gmacklem;901559]I went camping this past weekend and attempted to use the bigfoot levelers with no success. I have determined that these things really only workes on almost level lots.

Agreed, they are essentially useless if the campsite is low at the front of the coach. However they work good in manual mode to lift the front to put blocks under but the jacks often hit their limits unless you block them too. They work best when the site is level or low at the rear.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #3

If you should have the beeping problem again one of their tech guys told me to put vacuum caps on the posts. That worked for me.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:03 AM   #4

It might need to just be rebooted by unplugging wire from box. Detailed instructions on website. Ours our great on 2015 Sunseeker
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Love My Sunseeker

Had the same issue. I put mine up to drive the RV to get propane, and all were "up" but the box didn't show them as "up" and I got BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I tried to do it manually, then had to download the manual which CLEARLY showed to hold the MANUAL button for FOUR SECONDS. WHEE! It worked. However, I didn't do this until I got back from getting propane. I just put up with the constant Beeping until I stopped. Then I put them all down manually. I haven't brought them back up yet. Maybe I will try that tomorrow to make sure it's back to normal.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #6

Each Jack has a little plunger switch. Spray a little WD40 and work it up and down. Probably just a stuck or switch not making. They do see a lot of road grime. Oh, by the way, do you have a cross support bar between the rear jacks? Just checking.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Each Jack has a little plunger switch. Spray a little WD40 and work it up and down. Probably just a stuck or switch not making. They do see a lot of road grime. Oh, by the way, do you have a cross support bar between the rear jacks? Just checking.

Does a cross support bar come standard or does it have to be added? And what is the advantage?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Does a cross support bar come standard or does it have to be added? And what is the advantage?
Thanks
Came with my 2015 from factory
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Thanks

Yes. Go to the Sunseeker forum and search for MKrase. His rear Jack collapsed causing frame damage. Due to him posting, I checked and thanI ordered a brace from the big foot folks. Give it a read and if you do not have a cross brace, do not use them. Hope this helps. If you are still under warranty, dealer will fix. I was under warranty but, the problem was so bad, I picked up the phone and ordered it.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
Love My Sunseeker

Whoa! Quadra people told me SILICONE, not WD/40. Does WD/40 work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #11

DXS, I just spray WD to clean the plunger and dislodge any sand bits, work the plunger up/down a few times and wipe everything off. My intent is to clean, not really lubricant.

Tags
leveling