Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctinker View Post
Thanks jrwarkerpa1.

That heater is a 400 watt unit. Do you guys think that is enough for +20F and higher in the bedroom? I found another brand that is 600 watt. Maybe that would be a better option.
I doubt you will be comfortable with 400 watt at 20 degrees. We have a 1500 watt ceramic heater with a fan and it started loosing ground on keeping the front of the coach warm (where it was located) when it got to the mid 30's. We moved it to the bedroom and it was comfortable but the other parts of the coach were cold. We had to use the furnace when it got down to the 20's. I would add another 1500 watt heater to help but then I would be on the max amp draw since 1500 watt heater draws around 12 amps.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #12

We have a ceramic cube heater too, that we would use in the living area. I guess I should have stated that. I am wondering if the 400 watt panel would be enough with the ceramic heater running in the front and the door closed to the bedroom area to minimize the sound of the fan in the ceramic heater.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #13

You may have to just research on that panel. We've used radiant panels before at work with little success comfort wise but the panel you are considering is different.
I consider it to be like a heating pad; if you're not right by it then you won't feel it much. In my experience something that heats the air (moving air through the heater) is more effective. But there are those that swear by radiant oil heaters which are probably good if you don't care for the fan noise.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
GM

The valve extenders are called Air-Flexx (not really cheap plastic). We went to them based on some trucking companies recommendations. They don't hold air in the valve. We had more problems with braided ones leaking due to weight and coming loose. If a braid one gets cut, it is pressurized and will deflate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schnitt_eng.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	45942   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster_gb.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	45943  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #15

On the valve extenders, one of mine was broken apparently from someone installing the wheel liner (dented liner right where the extender passes through). I was on the road with the coach and was a bit uneasy not having access to check the inside tire pressure. I couldn't find extenders for 16" rims for Ford DRW anywhere. I stopped at Camping World and found these: Wheel Masters: Dual Tire Inflation Systems
There are some that airless. I bought the HHM 80092 for hand hole.
I didn't know who made the original ones but now that Brian provided that detail I may stick with those for a while.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The valve extenders are called Air-Flexx (not really cheap plastic). We went to them based on some trucking companies recommendations. They don't hold air in the valve. We had more problems with braided ones leaking due to weight and coming loose. If a braid one gets cut, it is pressurized and will deflate.

I stand corrected on the "cheap plastic" comment. Sorry. The threads on the ends are plastic or nylon. The problem is they don't work with tire pressure monitor sensors. So I replaced mine with the ones bgilly referred to that hold air in the extender. They have worked well for two years and the safety and confidence of a monitoring system is something I don't want to be without.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #17
GM

We're probably both right. I certainly don't think they were designed for an "outside the tire" monitor system.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I certainly don't think they were designed for an "outside the tire" monitor system.
Right. There is no way to secure the TPM to the Air Flexx extenders plus the fact the TPM sensors need to be secured to the rim base so the tire extender doesn't wag right off the tire.

Bobby
Old 02-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #19

when I replaced the tires on my Vectra, I had them installed solid (metal)
extenders, they do not leak. Cost a little more but what is your rig
worth?

Phelpo
Old 02-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #20

There are pass through sensors that would probably work if put between the stem and the extender. The extender that bclemens referred to appears to have a rod down the center that presses the core on the valve stem when you inflate or check your tire. Pretty neat design.

Tags
sunseeker