Old 03-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Mega Member
A wave area under the rubber roof

Today I was on the roof of my 2004 sunseeker 3100 and I noticed an area on the side of the roof above the slide that seemed to have a "wave" or a few shallow valleys under the rubber roof surface. You can feel the is like someone lightly stroked their fingers in sand. I see not bubble and there does not appear to be a hole. Also it as not an obvious weak area...though I did not press down very hard. The whole area is about the size of a coffee can. I did see a very slight thinning of the membrane on the side where the roof material connects to the side of the RV...about 1 mm long--- so not much. Is this some type of water issue? Any ideas? Thanks!

rgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sabre owners united!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
If you read the post rubber roof, you will see that it is normal to happen and really nothing to worry about. You see waves and things but they say it is not a problem. You can also look up on the internet and they will say that it is not a problem. You have either TPO or edms roof on your unit. If you read the article that Turbs posted it might help on that thread. It depends on your roof material. I think when I looked it up on the internet they said it is common. I hope it helps you, but you need to know which roof you have. One thing everyone say's in my research is that it has to be cleaned at least 2 times a year. hope this helps. I guess turbs posted while I was writing this if you read the post you will find what my dealer told me, and how FR decides on warranty or not.... Hope this helps, Turbs might be able to tell you by the pictures if you have to worry, he has done his homework on this issue.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
Mega Member
I tried to take pictures...but it just did not show up well. I will try again with the morning sun and see if that helps. It is close to the edge above the slide out and covers an area not more than 8 to 10 inches long and wide. Unless I missed something, this was not evident when I last washed the roof and replaced some caulking a little less than a year ago.
rgarner is offline   Reply With Quote

roo, roof