Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #1

Access to HDMI connection on TV in 3010ds

Another newbie question - we are pretty dissatisfied with the DVD in the Dash. It doesn't handle HD very well so we are thinking of attaching our blu-ray player to the TV in the Cabinets. I can feel connections on the side of the TV and see there should be a couple of HDMI ports.

My questions: 1) has anyone tried this? 2) Is there anyway to get better access to the TV? Can I just lift the TV off the mounting?

Thanks

Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
GM

There are some rubber feet that are screwed on to make sure the TV doesn't rattle. Take those in. The front TV's are screwed into a bracket. I can't remember if the kitchen TV on 3010 is that way or if its in a slide on bracket (slides down from the top) so push UP on it after those feet are loose and see if it moves.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #3

I have tried, but was never able to get the television removed or reach back there to put in a cable. We wanted to attach our dish receiver to the television so that we didn't have to disconnect the dvd player that was already there every time we wanted to use it.

There should be at least one HDMI cable from that television going to the installed dvd player.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
GM

There is not an HDMI cable running from the DVD to the TV. If there is a switch box, it is coax that is converted in the switch box. From the DVD player it will be composite cables.

OK: Coax
Good: S-Video
Better: Composite
Best: Component Cables (Provides HD Video)
Best-er: HDMI (Provides HD video and digital audio)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #5

Our motorhome was used when we bought it, so maybe the previous owner changed the way ours works. I know he did something to watch television outside. We have had to play around to figure out how it all works and have never had an occasion to use the dash dvd.

We have a Toshiba television (not 12v) and the RCA dvd player (also, not 12V). There is one HDMI cable that goes from the television to the RCA DVD. When we want to use our Dish receiver, we just unplug the HDMI from the DVD and plug it into the Dish receiver.

The television has another HDMI outlet and we bought a cable, but can't get to the back of the television to plug it in. We can only watch that DVD and satellite on that particular television. The ones in the overhead bunk and the back bedrooms work differently.

I would like to get to the back of the main television to plug in a USB cable and that other HDMI cable. that would give us flexibility without having to remove the television. (might be a future suggestion for factory to install cables, even if there are no devices...then you don't have to remove television, just pull out the cable which is properly labeled, of course). :-)

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
GM

Ah...I see. I wasn't paying attention to model year. We did use a stand alone DVD player when that first came out. I'll dig around and see what is takes to take that TV off.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #7

I have just had my tv down in my 3010. You have to loosen a lock nut behind the rubber friction feet. Once you loosen the nut you can twist and move the rubber foot back on the screw to take the pressure off the tv.

At this point the tv should be able to be lifted straight up as it sits in a key hole slot mount. There are 4 screws with shoulder that stick out on the back of the tv in the VESA mounting holes. Basically those just slide back into the key holes and slide straight down when remounting.

Be careful when removing the tv as the cable connections in the back have all the access shoved through a hole in the panel behind the tv.

I did find that this whole process is much easier to accomplish with 2 people!!!

I added a set of composite cables and 2 hdmi cables to the tv before remounting..... When remounting the tv make sure to have the rubber feet pushed all the way back on the screw. You have to lift the tv almost all the way to the ceiling before dropping in the slots so it lowers to center in the space.

After you drop it back in, pull the rubber feet out as to put a good outward pressure on the bottom of the tv. Hold that there while tightening the lock nut up to the back of the rubber feet to hold it. The outward pressure not only helps to keep the rattle down, but also to cause resistance to keep the tv from potentially sliding up and falling off the cabinet. That would suck!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #8

Can't find those darn rubber feet!!

I keep feeling around the TV and for the life of me I can't find those feet. What am I missing? 2 weeks into retirement and perhaps my brain is dissolving.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #9

The feet should be along the bottom of the TV. If you feel along the bottom edge you should find them unless FR started using a different mounting system in the past 6 months.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoa1066 View Post
I keep feeling around the TV and for the life of me I can't find those feet. What am I missing? 2 weeks into retirement and perhaps my brain is dissolving.
2 weeks into retirement might explain the hard time you are having, but that's only because you are a newbie to the new life....your poor brain is trying to adjust from the hectic work life, to the "now I can do what I like" like! Your brain will get better, and all you have to wonder about, is what day of the week it is!

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote