Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #1

Added some power plugs to the dash

Can't take credit for the idea but I did do all the install and wiring myself. Took the silly little coin tray thing out of the fords dash and installed a aluminum dash panel (bought a extra blank panel from the gentlemen who runs RV-project.com) and populated it with a 12v outlet, a dual USB charging port and a volt meter and wired it all into the oem upfitter wiring harnes that's located behind the coin tray, these wire are already there from the factory for when they use the ford e-series for ambulances and such and you can also go to dashpanelexpress.com and download there software and make these panels yourself for anything you can imagine and they come out looking very professional!

The wife was complaining she didn't have a place to plug her phone in to change it and I wanted a extra 12v outlet that was keyed to the ignition instead of being powered all the time no matter if the key was on or off like the factory ones are so I had a place to plug the monitor for my break buddy so here's the finished product! And if you want a more detailed description go over to RV-project.com and read and watch the video!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	116702  
Beards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:31 AM   #2

Nice idea and looks good! I went a different route. I installed a Pro-Clip iPhone mount there. I still have use of coin tray and small bin to house my rear camera remote and garage door opener. For the cell phones we use a dual-usb charger/adapter in one of the existing power ports. It is annoying that these 12V power ports are always live, but I've gotten used to just slightly pulling out the charger/adapter when I'm not using it.

Ford*E-Series*2015*Dashboard Mounts*-*ProClip USA

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #3

I need to install a cell phone mount as well someplace and I have not checked on these fords but do know on Chevys and dodges if you find the fuse for the 12v outlet a lot of times you can move the fuse over one spot and in turn make the outlet turn on and off with the ignition key.. In my ram I did this and made the outlet on the dash keyed vs on all the time.
Beards79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power