Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #1

Adding an outdoor TV bracket

Our new 2300 came with a different TV bracket inside than what had been on earlier units. It's a Jensen mount, it is detachable, and there was an additional base included. If anyone wants to see it, it is the MAF50 on this page, and the base is just above it on the page, MAF30B.

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/produc...tv-mounts.html

I want to put the base outside, so I could carry the TV out and hang it on the wall out there. Bclemens, do you know if there is any structure anywhere in the middle of the area shown in this photo? Optimal location would be a few inches above the outlets. Our oven is on the other side of the wall, so if I had to though-bolt it, I'd have to pull out the oven. Probably not very hard, I suppose. Anyway, is there a way to do this?

Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Well normally there is nothing there. The window is framed in aluminum, but the framing extends down from the top (just to the window) and from the side, just to the door. It would have to be a bolt through. I would find some sikaflex or other bonding agent...that should be the primary holding power. Then bolt through JUST to hold the receiver bracket tight enough for the glue/caulk material to set. Pull those bolts too tight and it will pull the skin in.

Having said that, the wall print I'm looking at is old. Let me see if I can get a new one. We now offer an outside radio....I wonder if we put back in for that just in case.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #3

Thanks, I look forward your update.

I am also considering the 3M super tape that is used to anchor the feet for solar panels. I think it is called VHB tape. I'd have to epoxy a flat pad onto the back of the bracket in order to have a good surface for the tape.
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door