Old 03-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
After 90 plus days and counting.....

After spending this winter (January, February and March) down on South Padre Island, Texas in our 2015 3010DS we will be heading home to Waukee, Iowa. We will certainly miss the beautiful weather that we have enjoyed this year. Mostly sunny and warm, some windy days, some rainy days (not many, I can count the rainy days on one hand). Glad we did not go to Florida this winter. Anyway I wanted to ask a question about parking our motor home on a slight incline on my driveway. Will it be alright to run the furnace? I know better than to run the frig when the motor home is not level but I am not sure about the furnace. We do expect some cold weather at home and would like to keep it warm while we unload. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

butchs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
The key word is slight. I would be comfortable to use it up to about 10 degree angle max. I would think the safety switches would kick in if heat is detected where it should not be. If you can walk around without holding on to something due to angle then you are good to go. Think how extreme just 6 degree road incline feels. I did not see any issues in my ops manual, but then these craft are not inverted flight rated....

Hoglou westGA
KM4HQQ 146.640mhz
L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
I do not see why not. You will be going the trip home on roads that are more then slightly off level. Anyway Drive safely.
2014 Forester 2301 - Chevy
17Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:25 PM   #4
LP gas heaters are not sensitive to running off level at any reasonable angle. As said, if you can walk inside you will be OK.
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
Dometic says it's okay to run the refrigerator if it's level enough to walk in the RV comfortably. The problem with being on a slope is the fluids don't move correctly and can separate, leaving corrosive solids that eat up the tubing from the inside. When traveling the fluids slosh around enough so nothing settles.
2011 Sunseeker 3100
1997 Pathfinder Toad
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
After 90 days ....

Hi Butchs, in Isla Blanca (SPI) you offered us to visit your new Sunseeker because in January we bought one 2014 in Canada without seeing it and we were in expectative . You did a great job explaining every inch of your MH.
We now are at home and we have picked up our new rig with 100% satisfaction and it is like new !
Concerning your question , in the same situation , I would use a little electric heather 1500 watts and it is what I am doing here north of Montreal in -20 F temperature : less expensive then propane . Have a good summer and we we expect meet you again next winter in South Padre Island .
Micheline and Jean

morinjean is offline   Reply With Quote