Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Maybe at the particular Discount tire you use, but, there are more than one Discount tire that use frame lifts. Not too many pits left in modern shops.
Indeed?

Guess I better call the Ford shop and ask about the hole in the floor of their brand new service bay.

Thanks for the heads up........
Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Indeed?

Guess I better call the Ford shop and ask about the hole in the floor of their brand new service bay.

Thanks for the heads up........
Re-read, didn't say there weren't any, I said not many. Haven't seen any in the shops around Charlotte, but I've only been to 4 or 5. Frame lifts are pretty predominant around here as are drive on lifts.

Could this be the reason pits are getting rare?
Old 04-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #23

Quote:
When the tire are rotated at Discount tires they use floor jacks under the axles.
The rest of the truck gets serviced over a pit so the tires never leave the ground.
On top of that my Ford DOES NOT have air suspension on it.

Good luck with the air suspension....
Here may be the root of this discussion, the OP was asking about their Sunseeker which is build on a E-450 chassis, does not have air suspension ( has front coil rear leaf springs) but does have air bag assist on it to help level the motorhome out when loaded.If a unit had complete air ride suspension then yes it could damage the parts if lifted by frame.There will be a time when your Ford Pickup "WILL" be lifted by the frame and it will not damage anything on it.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Here may be the root of this discussion, the OP was asking about their Sunseeker which is build on a E-450 chassis, does not have air suspension ( has front coil rear leaf springs) but does have air bag assist on it to help level the motorhome out when loaded.If a unit had complete air ride suspension then yes it could damage the parts if lifted by frame.There will be a time when your Ford Pickup "WILL" be lifted by the frame and it will not damage anything on it.
I think you need to go back and reread my first post, I was NOT quoting the OP of this thread.

As for lifting my pickup by the frame you are correct IF it does happen because like I posted before the F250 does NOT have air suspension.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Re-read, didn't say there weren't any, I said not many. Haven't seen any in the shops around Charlotte, but I've only been to 4 or 5. Frame lifts are pretty predominant around here as are drive on lifts.

Could this be the reason pits are getting rare?
No idea!

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Old 04-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #26

Quote:
I think you need to go back and reread my first post, I was NOT quoting the OP of this thread.

As for lifting my pickup by the frame you are correct IF it does happen because like I posted before the F250 does NOT have air suspension.
I have reread your post #11 and the information originally I was giving the OP was that in the manual it states that the air bag assist (on a Ford E-450 chassis motorhome which has leaf springs in the rear and can be lifted by the frame) the bags must be reduced to zero PSI before lifting, then reinflated when wheels are back on the ground. thats all.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bags