Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
2015 Sunseeker 2300
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 109
air bags

Need help with the air bags on our Sunseeker 2300. It is a new 2015 and we have not touched the air bags. The service tech said he inflated 1/2 way when we picked up the unit. Now that it is fully loaded and we are carrying a scooter (200 lbs) on a carrier in the trailer hitch do we need to increase or decrease the air in the air bags we will be traveling about 200 miles mostly on interstate and what is 1/2 way how do you know how much to keep them inflated to? Thanks for all advice we are new to this..
__________________

__________________
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 141
He you have the Big Foot Jacks I would so you have plenty of clearance, We have a 2014 3010DS and we always keep them at 75psi when traveling.
__________________

__________________
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 121
I have a 2014 3010 and usually keep mine at 60 psi. We also tow a Chevy Equinox and the ride seems to be ok with that. There probably isn't a wrong psi unless it's at zero or over 100.
__________________
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingsnap View Post
Need help with the air bags on our Sunseeker 2300. It is a new 2015 and we have not touched the air bags. The service tech said he inflated 1/2 way when we picked up the unit. Now that it is fully loaded and we are carrying a scooter (200 lbs) on a carrier in the trailer hitch do we need to increase or decrease the air in the air bags we will be traveling about 200 miles mostly on interstate and what is 1/2 way how do you know how much to keep them inflated to? Thanks for all advice we are new to this..
Since you are new to this keep in mind, if you ever have to lift wheels off the ground (as in jacking it up) you must deflate air bags to zero. Then re inflate when wheels back on ground.
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 141
I talked to the tech at Firestone who makes the Air bags and he said no need to deflate air bags
__________________
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
I talked to the tech at Firestone who makes the Air bags and he said no need to deflate air bags
OK - not what it says in manual though. Did he say lifting by frame or by axle?
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Average Joe
 
MrJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 689
I've never deflated mine when using the levelers. About a year and a half with no ill effects. I do not add air while jacked up. I can see how that would cause damage. I will be sure to post if damage is ever caused by not deflating when using the jacks.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Joe and Karen
2014 Sunseeker 2450sf

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
I've never deflated mine when using the levelers. About a year and a half with no ill effects. I do not add air while jacked up. I can see how that would cause damage. I will be sure to post if damage is ever caused by not deflating when using the jacks.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mr Joe , I am talking about lifting BOTH rear wheels off the ground, as in jacking up to work on rear axle. I may have not been too clear in original post.
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
Average Joe
 
MrJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 689
I can say I don't intentionally lift the rear wheels. When I see the wheels may lose contact with the ground, I use pads and blocks to keep contact. Guess that's why I've never had airbag problems.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Joe and Karen
2014 Sunseeker 2450sf

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Collinsville, IL
Posts: 830
Air bags can be filled anywhere from 5 to 100psi. The only way to determine "half way" would be to check air pressure. How much air to use is totally up to you. The goal is to keep the right attitude of the MH (front end slightly down from rear end). More air will give a stiffer ride which can be very helpful in dealing with crosswinds. I would start at 60-65 psi and see how you like it. With a heavy load on the rear, you might add a little more. Just make sure when adding air that you use very short bursts. It takes very little air to fill the bag.


2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
__________________

__________________
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air bags

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.