Old 04-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
Dometic has an anti-vibration kit. I have the instructions at home (camping right now ). But check this out.

Dometic A/C Grommet and Anti-Vibration Kit
Item #83699

2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud
I believe that a couple years ago (summer 2012) there were a number of dometic ac units that were repaired / replaced because of vibration issues. I heard of several with the issue on 5ers.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
For $18 I'll give that a shot when I get home...thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Bad viberation on my ac--------------

I also had a bad vibration on my AC. After checking all the items mention on previous post, I discovered the cause. Just the weight of the top cover the vibration would be so loud you could hardly hear the TV. Found the cause the AC was resting just on the roof in the rear & was the cause of the noise.
Purchased a 1/4" foam door mat at Lowe's. Cut about 8" off the mat, placed it under the rear of the AC housing on the roof. All you have to do is lift the AC from the rear just slightly, slide the foam pad under the rear of the base of the AC. Vibration stopped!!!!!!!! When the AC was installed, the four bolts that hold the unit to the roof were tighten too much in the rear. Over time the sponge pad (as the unit aged) between the ac housing and the roof
began to let the AC unit slowly set down on the roof, causing the vibration.
Bought a sponge 1/4" thick "DUCK COMMANDER" door mat, did the trick.
Let us know if this fixed the vibration?
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #15
I'll check that out when I get home...thanks!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
Might also consider adding a metal tab to the cover at each hole and just raise the cover enough to get it off the roof.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #17
airconditioner vibration

I have a 3010ds it has done it from day one. I am going up to find the problem now. I will reply if I get it fixed Dale.
bikeit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
Smile vibration stopped fixed

I am a maintenance person by trade. When we picked up are 3010ds and used the air it sounded like the fan was out of balance. I removed the top cover and the motor was shaking. I called dometic they sent me out a new fan made in the USA the other one was made in china. The vibration is gone. This could be your vibration problem if your fan is clean.I hope I have helped people with this problem Dale.
bikeit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
Our 2012 2300 had this problem and the dealer fixed it. It was something simple but I don't remember what the problem was.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #20
Mine is so bad it shakes the whole motorhome. The pulsing is so bad on the front top bunk that you can not sleep up there. Almost so bad you cant stand to be in the motorhome for more then an hour with it on. I can see the blower fan wobble like mad. It is made of very soft plastic. I can easily deform it with a light push. That to me seems to be the issue. I also got up on the roof to watch the other fan and motor. The motor shakes a lot but does not have a bent shaft from what i can tell. I am not sure i want to accept a vibration kit with out them fixing the real problem. I am sure over time the motor bearings will let go if not fixed correctly.

Bikeit02 which fan the blower fan (cage) or the outside fan?

parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

air conditioner