Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

Cool Air-Lift Suspension Air Line Locations

I received our 2860 last weekend and am in the process of the getting familiar where all the important equipment is located. The unit came with Air-Lift 5000 Load Lifters vice the Firestone units. I was lookling for the valves and could only locate the one on the passenger side. Interesting the label is a Firestoine one. I cannot locate the driver side air line valve even though the instructions show 2. I did a quick look to where I would have thought they mounted it..storage compartments, fender wells etc but no go. I was thinking maybe it got covered up when they sprayed the underbody insulation. Anyone have any idea where it could be.

Thanks

Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #2

Ours is in the outside storage compartment immediately in front of the rear wheels on each side. Has a plastic cover over it, so it doesn't look like an air valve at first glance.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

Not the same model, but ours are in the bays just behind the rear wheels on each side. Ever thought about putting the on board compressor and dash gauges? I'm fixing to start researching that one as it'd be really convenient to adjust from the cab.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #4

If you can't find them in a comparment, get under and locate the air bladder which will be right over the axle. Follow the line from it to find the air fill valve. Although they should not be installed this way I have seen them tied together to a common fill location.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Not the same model, but ours are in the bays just behind the rear wheels on each side. Ever thought about putting the on board compressor and dash gauges? I'm fixing to start researching that one as it'd be really convenient to adjust from the cab.
I thought about this but my experience is to set em and forget em for each trip and configuration. When I checked the cost for an on-board system it didn't seem worth it. When loaded I have not had a side to side leveling problem and like the softer ride with them set at minimum. If I am pulling a trailer/dolly or carrying the motorcycle, I may increase the pressures to 40-50 lbs.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #6

We have the Firestone ride rites. What is a good all around pressure to set them at? Not sure if this matters... I know I probably shouldn't but we generally start the trip with a full tank of fresh water but then dump everything for the return trip. No toad or trailer.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #7

When it warms up a bit here in Colorado I plan to crawl under the RV and trace out the lines from the air bags to wherever they go. Just too darn cold right now.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #8

Paul, we set ours to 60lbs. - rides great and compensates for two slides over the axles.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #9

Hey everyone, gonna have to change my name from Wildkats66 to DipWad #1. We finally got some 60 degree weather in Colo Springs and decided to load up the 2860 with some new stuff. I got a SurgeGuard 50A unit and was looking in the electrical storage compartment and low and behold when I moved the snake pit of power cables there was the Air-Lift valve stem..just where it should be. Duhhhhh on my part.

Thanks for all the info

Happy Trails and Caping
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
GM

I think DipWad #1 is taken...you would have to change it to DipWad #64,500,467.

I think I got stuck with a number in the mid 50 millions.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote