Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #1

airbags??

We have a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS, does anyone have problems with the airbags leaking, the coach also came with BigFoot jacks?? and after using the jacks we need to pump the airbags back up, I put 90psi so the bottom of the jacks clear driveway and bumps on the road. Help please thx

Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #2

I have the same setup. Jack use shouldn't have any impact. Mine seem to loose some air over a long time, several months. Also they should have been installed separately so you must have two leaks if both are using air. Sounds like a trip to the dealer for warranty work unless you want to first check them out yourself.

You can put some dish detergent and water into a spray bottle. Spray the bags and lines and look for bubbles. There is not much volume in the system so a very small leak can have a big impact thus it may take a while to see any bubbles form.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #3

Did you raise the back axle off of the ground? There is a note in the manual about never using the bigfoot to lift the axle off of the ground if you have air shocks.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

I have a 2500TS, I believe same airbags. I have to put air in them for every trip. On a week long trip they will be down maybe 10 pounds but while in driveway over several weeks they will be down 30 pounds. I put 60 pounds in mine. If I forget and not add air, I can tell difference. Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #5

I would check for leaks. There is no reason why you should have to add air after a week. I have bags on mine and we use the RV with an enclosed trailer almost every week and I probably don't add 20 psi through out the whole season.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Love My Sunseeker

I have a 3170 with the air bags. I guess I'm not really paying attention to them. Should I? Last time I went to my dealer (I get free oil changes!) the dealer put air in them to 65 psi. I haven't checked since. My first time with these darn things, and I've owned Sunseekers before and don't think these things are necessary. Sunseekers usually drive pretty smoothly. (Compared to the Fleetwood Jamboree I had one time that drove like a tank....)

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #7

I think the air bags are a great addition. But with that said we use ours almost every weekend and more often then not its in windy conditions. They make a huge improvement how it handles.

As far as checking them, yes you probably should. They can be damaged if the are below 5 psi. Just remember there is not much area inside the air bag, so you can actually let out 5 pounds just by putting the air gauge on and off.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #8

I usually check air bag pressure before a trip and sometimes when I check tire pressures which I do at least every couple days when traveling. If you have tire minders you could put transmitters on the bags too.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Love My Sunseeker

Ok, guess I had better start keeping track of those things.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #10

My manual states normal pressure loss should not be more than 3 - 4 pounds per week when inflated to 50 psi.
The manual also recommends at least monthly checks during continuous operation or when the vehicle is removed from long term storage.

Maximum pressure - 100 psi and a minimum of 20 psi.

Other information found - as a general rule, the air bags will support approximately 40 lbs for each psi. As weight is added to the vehicle the air bags become an active part of the suspension system. As more pressure is added to the air bags, they will support more weight thereby reducing sway and handling problems.

There is no mention of cautions or otherwise when using with hydraulic levelers. It does state however, to first release the pressure from the air bags prior to lifting the vehicle by the frame (suspending the rear axle). The uninflated air bags are capable of supporting the weight of the axle when the vehicle is lifted by the frame.

Most common areas for air leaks are: threaded connection between air fitting and air bag, the fill valve, and hose connections not squarely cut into fittings.

Lastly, there are some add-on accessories that provides instant air source for air suspension systems. There are a variety of options from just a compressor and single gauge to full electronics with remote (Firestone XTREME).

Bobby

Tags
airbags