Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #21

Any possibility to share what model steering box you got.
Friend of Bill and Lois
since May 30, 1975
Happywanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC1957 View Post
The Safe-T-Plus stabilizer assist in the steering wheel returning to center position, (which was a big concern for me) not 10 or 2, depending on left or right turn as with the OEM one. Further research on Safe-T-Plus will also assist in a front tire failure, by keeping the vehicle straight. The Koni FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) these are self adjusting shocks for a smoother ride and will eliminate some side to side rocking. The current OEM shocks are built for the E450 van chassis, in IMHO is why I selected this brand. The blue printed steering box took all the slop out of the steering, now when I turn the wheel left or right the response is incredible.
IMHO, the Ford steering/suspension design is sloppy (compared to Chevy's which I've driven). I can't imagine a steering box built to tighter tolerances would correct so much "designed in" slop in the steering! Maybe on an old MH with lots of miles, but mine handled like that from day 1! If a blueprinted box can really fix that problem, I'm thrilled!
oakprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #23

I just check the service record, part number 2770, "Blue Printed Box 2013 E450". The physical appearance was definitely different...I'm sure Henderson's Line-Up would be more than willing to take care of ya...
TEC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #24

Put my 3050 on the highway today drives 100% better with the tighter specs on front end cars passing had no effect one handed steering at 70 mph but the steering wheel is turned to the right about an inch steers left if dead center anybody know what causes that wasn't like that before this second alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #25

Take it back to alignment shop and tell them you want the steering wheel centered, they may want to do it by pulling the wheel ( easy way) but to do it proper must be done by readjusting the tie rod ends.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #26

I'm suprised not to have heard from those who adjusted the stock steering box. Also so few have replaced it with a "blue printed" one. I don't hear that the steering stablizer reduces steering wheel free play. I understand how wear can effect all the joints in higher mileage vehicles. Any thoughts helpful.
Friend of Bill and Lois
since May 30, 1975
Happywanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #27

I did have the OEM steering box adjusted to no avail, steering was still sloppy from 10-2. The Safe-T-Plus corrected the return to center, which was a definite concern. Blue printed steering box took out the slop, now when I start to turn right or left so doesn't the MH. I just turned 12K and couldn't be happier with the modes I have had installed...
Old 05-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #28

Blue printed steering box took out the slop, now when I start to turn right or left so ((DOES)) the MH.

Tags
alignment, ford, suspension