Old 05-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
Alignment, Suspension, Steering, Ford E450

Greetings fellow Class C E450 Ford Chassis owners…Currently own a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS and when I first drove my MH I wasn’t sure if I bought a land or sea vehicle. White knuckle, wag the dog, no return to center, major slop in the steering. This felt like a MH with an extremely tall mask and a rudder on both ends that apparently did not coordinate with each other…

At first I thought I was stuck with the way my MH handled until further research revealed the opposite. My occupation requires I drive on a daily basis and for the past 40 years have accumulated 100’s of 1,000’s of miles with multiple vehicles. Thanks to this Forum (BClemens) and the internet I was able to compile a list of components that IMHO resolved my dilemma.

Living in the Pacific NW my first and last stop was Henderson’s Line-Up in Grants Pass Oregon (see attached, Henderson Brochure) extremely happy with how my MH now performs…and the outstanding service I received from Henderson’s, Line-Up, highly recommended AAA+++.

Below is a list of components installed.

Alignment – Ingalls adjustable bushing cams, Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, and alignment set to spec’s (see attached, alignment spec).

Suspension – Roadmaster HD front and rear sway bar, Koni FSD shocks, Henderson track bar.

Steering – Blue Printed Steering Box.

The best for last…
Contact Henderson’s Line-Up 800-245-8309, and ask for Don, visit Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.. Receive 10% off Parts and Service, just mention TEC1957 sent you…Remember to check your tire and airbag pressure…Happy Trails.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alignment Spec's.pdf (15.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: pdf Henderson's Line-Up.pdf (2.50 MB, 123 views)

TEC1957 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
We have installed Helwig sway bars (both front and rear) on our 2010 Fleetwood Jamboree and it made a world of difference. Still considering the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, and definitely an alignment.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
Thanks for your reply
Old 05-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
We have a 2015 3010. Installed the Henderson rear trac bar and the safe t plus. Rear trac bar makes a huge difference. I think I still need a slight adjustment on the safe t plus. When I let go of the wheel it slightly pulls to the left. First time out it pulled way right and just made the one adjustment so far. I thought I had it perfect till I went on a longer trip and can feel the slight pull. Overall very happy with both purchases. Next are the Bilstein shocks.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Sounds like you got that baby just about dailed in...
Old 05-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
Carried my 3050s back to alignment shop today it is within posted specs from forum now added blue ox track bar tires at 75f 80r bags at 75psi couldn't tell any difference in town will know Saturday how it does carrying to dealer in myrtle beach will be able to drive 65-70 with road traffic Hopeing for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
You're right on with the psi, that's currently how I'm set up, seems to be the talk on the forum
Old 05-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
Alignment seems to be the biggest trick. Don't know why it's not done when they finish putting it together. We have a 2013 3010DS and it was a nightmare the first couple times out. Took it to the local shop and had them align it. They said it was way out, especially toe. Took it across country to New Mexico. Handled great even when wind gusts kicked up. We take it out quite a bit in the tri state area and it does great on the winding hills. I keep the air bags around 40lbs. Makes a good bit of difference to eliminate sway. Can't put them much higher. The crappy roads in SW PA are horrible so you can't stiffen up the suspension too much.
Bob and Joy
2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
rhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
The return to center was the biggest thing for me, the safety plus took care of that, the other upgrades just made my mh more safe to drive. The koni shocks fsd, what a comfortable ride.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #10
Originally Posted by rhumbert View Post
Alignment seems to be the biggest trick. Don't know why it's not done when they finish putting it together. .
We do...and most times they hold. But in the decade of working here it seems that the Ford suspension has a tendency to "settle" as it is operated under load.

We seem to have no problems with the Chevy or Mercedes alignments.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

alignment, ford, suspension