Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 15
Almost delivered....concerned

So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. Talk about disappointing at a high price.

Do I take delivery at all or ensure the factory acknowledges the issue with a warranty extension.

How does Forest River QC not find this issue that the dealer does?......
__________________

__________________
elvis90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Just make sure you run the slide out at the dealer, and check to make sure there is no damage to the flooring inside or anything outside.
If not, you should be good to go.
We weren't happy with the slide adjustment when we got home with our new unit, and I did a small adjustment as well.
No biggie.
__________________

__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 719
Excellent advice by Bakken !

When I was getting my trailer, the sldie was scratching the inside of the trailer. The person who was doing the "delivery" thing with me was trying to tell me it was all good. I put on the brakes and his boss came and saw what was happening and adjusted the slide on the spot. After 15 minutes it was going in and out properly. I took delivery and never had problems with it.

And welcome to the FRF ! Congrats and good luck with your trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Just make sure you run the slide out at the dealer, and check to make sure there is no damage to the flooring inside or anything outside.
If not, you should be good to go.
We weren't happy with the slide adjustment when we got home with our new unit, and I did a small adjustment as well.
No biggie.
__________________
2009 Ford F-150 XLT/XTR 5.4l, CrewCab. long bed
2011 Surveyor SV-291
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 202
Should be easy enough to fix. Here's my advice, if things are not up to your standards on the coach, don't be afraid to give them more time with it. Once you drive it off the lot, it will be much more difficult. I have a two page list of fix its and the dealer will have to keep it for awhile. No fun to bring your camper back in for repairs two months later when they can squeeze you in. I had that uneasy feeling, now I'm regretting not listening to that voice. You are spending a lot of money, be happy with it.
__________________
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Here's a good RV Checklist to take along. Take your time with walk through. I read one person here who took, literally, all day; breaking for lunch and not leaving till 5 or 6pm.

RV Inspection Checklist.
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis90210 View Post
So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. Talk about disappointing at a high price.

Do I take delivery at all or ensure the factory acknowledges the issue with a warranty extension.

How does Forest River QC not find this issue that the dealer does?......
You're taking a house and driving it down the road. Call it a shake down cruise. That is why the dealer does a PDI...that's why auto dealers do a PDI.

Now that we have gotten the unit from point A to point B...let's just double check that everything is in order before delivering it to the customer.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Should be easy enough to fix. Here's my advice, if things are not up to your standards on the coach, don't be afraid to give them more time with it. Once you drive it off the lot, it will be much more difficult. I have a two page list of fix its and the dealer will have to keep it for awhile. No fun to bring your camper back in for repairs two months later when they can squeeze you in. I had that uneasy feeling, now I'm regretting not listening to that voice. You are spending a lot of money, be happy with it.
X2 Don't remove it from the lot until what you find is fixed. Once it's removed from the lot you are at their mercy and it's your problem to get them to fix it. Most dealers you won't have an issue, but there are some that you would regret trusting them.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
lswartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis90210 View Post
So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. .
This sounds like a good dealer to me. I would be thanking them for finding/fixing problems so I don't have to.
__________________
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2010 Toyota Tundra 4WD
lswartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 15
I can say that the dealer has been great - a world class experience. Barrington Motor Sales RV in Bartlett, IL.
__________________
elvis90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 196
Typical, adjustments are normal. The fact the dealer found it means they did their job! High five!
__________________

__________________
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.