Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

Almost delivered....concerned

So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. Talk about disappointing at a high price.

Do I take delivery at all or ensure the factory acknowledges the issue with a warranty extension.

How does Forest River QC not find this issue that the dealer does?......
elvis90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

Just make sure you run the slide out at the dealer, and check to make sure there is no damage to the flooring inside or anything outside.
If not, you should be good to go.
We weren't happy with the slide adjustment when we got home with our new unit, and I did a small adjustment as well.
No biggie.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #3

Excellent advice by Bakken !

When I was getting my trailer, the sldie was scratching the inside of the trailer. The person who was doing the "delivery" thing with me was trying to tell me it was all good. I put on the brakes and his boss came and saw what was happening and adjusted the slide on the spot. After 15 minutes it was going in and out properly. I took delivery and never had problems with it.

And welcome to the FRF ! Congrats and good luck with your trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Just make sure you run the slide out at the dealer, and check to make sure there is no damage to the flooring inside or anything outside.
If not, you should be good to go.
We weren't happy with the slide adjustment when we got home with our new unit, and I did a small adjustment as well.
No biggie.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #4

Should be easy enough to fix. Here's my advice, if things are not up to your standards on the coach, don't be afraid to give them more time with it. Once you drive it off the lot, it will be much more difficult. I have a two page list of fix its and the dealer will have to keep it for awhile. No fun to bring your camper back in for repairs two months later when they can squeeze you in. I had that uneasy feeling, now I'm regretting not listening to that voice. You are spending a lot of money, be happy with it.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
MI Camperz

Here's a good RV Checklist to take along. Take your time with walk through. I read one person here who took, literally, all day; breaking for lunch and not leaving till 5 or 6pm.

RV Inspection Checklist.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis90210 View Post
So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. Talk about disappointing at a high price.

Do I take delivery at all or ensure the factory acknowledges the issue with a warranty extension.

How does Forest River QC not find this issue that the dealer does?......
You're taking a house and driving it down the road. Call it a shake down cruise. That is why the dealer does a PDI...that's why auto dealers do a PDI.

Now that we have gotten the unit from point A to point B...let's just double check that everything is in order before delivering it to the customer.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Should be easy enough to fix. Here's my advice, if things are not up to your standards on the coach, don't be afraid to give them more time with it. Once you drive it off the lot, it will be much more difficult. I have a two page list of fix its and the dealer will have to keep it for awhile. No fun to bring your camper back in for repairs two months later when they can squeeze you in. I had that uneasy feeling, now I'm regretting not listening to that voice. You are spending a lot of money, be happy with it.
X2 Don't remove it from the lot until what you find is fixed. Once it's removed from the lot you are at their mercy and it's your problem to get them to fix it. Most dealers you won't have an issue, but there are some that you would regret trusting them.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis90210 View Post
So our new 3170DS was due for delivery tomorrow but the dealer had to delay due to an alignment problem with the rear slide.....ughhh. .
This sounds like a good dealer to me. I would be thanking them for finding/fixing problems so I don't have to.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #9

I can say that the dealer has been great - a world class experience. Barrington Motor Sales RV in Bartlett, IL.
elvis90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

Typical, adjustments are normal. The fact the dealer found it means they did their job! High five!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #11

The day I took delivery of my unit, it was parked in the maintanence garage. It was lit, but some cosmetics were not seen until I had it home in natural sunlight. Of particular were two large scratches on the passenger side mirror. Of course, now it was driven off the lot and the dealer said FR would not take responsibility... Also, on the first trip, unrolling the awning in sunlight for the first time, a pinhole was noted in the awning. Haven't contacted the dealer on that one yet, but I'm assuming the same response...
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Plain Old Member

Sounds like you're dealer will take care of it. However, if ever a problem, there ARE people within Forest River that will take care of you. You just have to get a hold of the right people. Like the Service Center told me while I was there, he was very familiar with the dealer I bought from, which is a fair dealer, and if I had any problems with them to please let him know, he'd make sure my unit was taken care of. They took good care of me in Indiana.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote