Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We used to mount it in the dash area and Ford balked at that. When we were looking for a place we had a retail customer say it would be great if it was mounted on a cord so that if you needed to manually level the unit you watch them come own.

In the end, not many people do that apparently so we're just going to move the controls to the entry way where it is a cleaner look.
That'll work! And I'm sure future buyers will be glad for it.
__________________

__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
JimOneil43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We used to mount it in the dash area and Ford balked at that. When we were looking for a place we had a retail customer say it would be great if it was mounted on a cord so that if you needed to manually level the unit you watch them come own.

In the end, not many people do that apparently so we're just going to move the controls to the entry way where it is a cleaner look.
Great, Brian. Do you know when that change will be phased into production?
__________________

__________________
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #13
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,101
Its a running change. Some floor plans are already coming that way. Not sure which ones got done first.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,141
Just my 2 cents worth, but I like to be able to stand outside with control box while doing manual level and look at side of MH.
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 440
Regarding auto or manual…

I have the 4 pump auto system done aftermarket at Quadra in Michigan.

After a couple years of use, if I had to redo, I probably would have opted for the 4 pump manual system (although, if I remember correctly, the 4 pump auto system was only a few bucks more versus the 4 pump manual system).

I'd definitely make sure to get 4 pumps vs 1 central pump. For one thing, there are fewer lines running underneath which can only be a good thing. Also, the warranty is better. 4 pump systems come with lifetime cylinder, 2 year parts, 1 year labor. Central pump systems come with 1 year parts & labor.

I find that the auto system tends to forget the "true" level. So you're either re-calibrating every so often or operating in manual mode.

Also agree with the poster above who said auto mode tends to raise the coach more than needed. So, per your comment above that this is mostly for stability vs leveling, I think operating in manual mode (regardless of whether you buy an auto system or not) may be best. Lower to the ground = more stability.

Hence, a 4 pump manual system is fine - unless, as I said, that it's just a few bucks more to upgrade to 4 pump auto system.

Hope all of this makes sense - if not, send me a note back.

P.S., I'm a former hockeytown-er
__________________
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,124
Thank you, that was very helpful! Mine also be done at Quadra, and I believe the difference is about a thousand dollars. But I've been looking at many RV things this weekend.

Once a hockeytowner, always a hockeytowner! lol
__________________
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #17
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Just my 2 cents worth, but I like to be able to stand outside with control box while doing manual level and look at side of MH.
Yes, see there. Problem is, for the 1% that likes that and wants that, I have to explain it to the other 99% that think the corded location is stupid.

Sometimes you just need to let the current take you.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #18
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, see there. Problem is, for the 1% that likes that and wants that, I have to explain it to the other 99% that think the corded location is stupid.



Sometimes you just need to let the current take you.

Easy solution, just make Bigfoot engineer a wireless remote for them. Then you could leave a cradle by the driver, but let it be take outside for those that want to watch.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,141
There you go, simple answer to cord problem. I'm sure FR buys enough Big Foot Levelers to have a voice in what they want.
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, see there. Problem is, for the 1% that likes that and wants that, I have to explain it to the other 99% that think the corded location is stupid.

Sometimes you just need to let the current take you.
Just for something to read check the sunseeker forum under big foot control box post You can please some people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time
__________________

__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.