Old 10-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
Antenna For Sirius Radio

Just had a new stereo system installed in my Sunseeker and they mounted the speaker on the top of my front windshield. I do not get really good reception since the front cap blocks the reception. Wondering how many of you have the small antenna mounted on the top of your rig or on the front wheel well.
Thanks for the input.

Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
I mounted my magnetic Sirius antenna on the hood just in front of the windshield. I rarely have a reception problem.

2009 Sunseeker 2860DS
Bulldog keyless entry
Firestone airbags
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
I would rather have my antenna on the hood or fender well rather then on the roof. Get nervous when someone is drilling into my motorhome.
How tall is your antenna?
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
The small antenna is designed to work well when attached to a metal panel like the hood. Even better would be to attach a small steel plate to the roof with adhesive (no holes) and stick the magnetic antenna to the steel. Excellent connection to satellites and great reception will result.
Zooming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Put mine on the roof. Ran the wire up to one of the side windows in the cab over area. Was able to run the wire out the window and still close it since it is so small in diameter. Double sided taped the antenna to the roof and siliconed around it. No drilling, been there for one year now.
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
Factory mounted mine on the roof and puttied it up except for a small exposed part, works good.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
Retired Ford Tech

Someone once posted that they put it inside in a cabinet. They said since the roof was fiberglass it got a signal. I guess it's worth a try.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #8
I attached my sirius antenna with a dab of dicor. No holes in roof, just routed down the slide and back in thru a existing hole.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #9
I bought one of those antennas that you might see mounted on the mirrors of a semi. I mounted it on my rear ladder, ran the wire down the ladder, under the left rear slide, under the rubber and then to the radio. It works great and it sits under the 13 ft height of the 5er. No holes at all except in one place in a cabinet to run the antenna wire. Bought it through Amazon.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
I have a TT and did not permanently mount mine for fear of a potential tree problem depending on the camp site. Instead I use the standard auto magnetic mount antenna with a 15 foot cord. After we get parked, I just run it out a window and position where I get the best reception, sometimes just laying on the ground. Never had a problem with anyone walking on it. Works great.

frisbyh is offline   Reply With Quote

antenna, radio