Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #31

That's awfully reassuring. It sure is an eye-sore but I'm exceedingly grateful it's not something structural.

The unit has been sitting snow-bound in storage since November. There's not a lot of snow on the roof. Also, today when I went to check it, the door wouldn't close properly and I had to lift on the door to get the studs to slide into their receiver slots.

I'll be VERY glad when this winter is over and we can roll our Baby back out and start to enjoy it!!

Thanks again. Very, very much appreciated!

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #32

My four door refridgerator is not working. This is it's second major issue. The first was the doors would not stay closed while driving so the dealer installed the correct handles. Now it will not cool. Troublesome to say the least as the dealer is 30 miles away, time, and money lose for me.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #33

Hey DrMB; Sorry to hear of your issues. We only used our reefer once before we parked the unit for the winter but it did work very well on gas and electric settings.

We too are about 45 miles away from our dealer as they had the best deal going. The savings were great but the distance from them sure can be a hindrance.

Best of luck to you! Let us know how it works out.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #34

I just took mine out of winter habernation and have a trip planned. Inconvienent to say the least. I brought a new one in hopes of avoiding these problems. It would be unfair to blame FR
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #35
GM

Dometic is normally pretty good about resolving stuff like that. Yes a pain, but at least they're responsive.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:10 AM   #36

You don't have to return to your dealer. See if someone closer is licensed to do warranty work for dometic.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #37

That would save some time. However the repair facillities say I need to go back to dealer since the whole RV is covered by a warranty. Apparently complicating the issue.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #38

Well a 100 mile round trip to dealer for refrigerator fix, 3.5 hours later back home. Fortunately it was a quick fix and I guess it was FR fault. A piece of putty fell in the right place to block burner. Silly that Dometic people closer said Dometic wouldn't pay them because it was so new. What Would've happened if it occurred on the road? Dealer was quick and helpful.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #39

I had a problem with the propane side of my Dometic refrigerator last year. It worked perfectly on electric in my shop when I ran all systems before departing on a 4 month trip. The propane side had trouble lighting but sometimes it would, other times it shut-down. On the road it was even more difficult to get it operating.

After arriving at my campsite I asked for information on a local Dometic RV dealer. There was one located in Franklin, N.C. I called them and they in-turn called Dometic. Dometic gave them permission to come and investiage the problem. They arrived and found the positioning screw for the spark ignitor lose. Once the screw was tightened it worked perfectly. There was NO charge from the Dealer or Dometic.

BTW...the Dealer I purchased the RV from was 600 miles away and the closest was about 100 miles.

Also, I will never return to my dealer for any service work. There is a complete RV service location about 5 miles from my house. I always communicate directly with my Forest River warranty representative at the factory. Once a year passes then Good Sams Extended Warranty takes over. My generator had a problem but I took it directly to a Cummins Onan Service Center not my dealer. They replaced my fuel pump and carburetor at No charge.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #40

Thanks. Good to know. I'll call Dometic