Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #1

Any 3050s owners?

Any one have the 3050s? Just curios if any problems with the giant slide. Really like the access to everything with the wife being disabled. Thanks in advance.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #2

We have the 2013 3050S. We picked it up in Aug. So far so good.
javelins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3

We have a 2013 we picked up in August...Only big thing concerns me is the loud creaking noise as. we driver....See thread with same title. No one that I know of has had this diagnosed yet.

Love the big slide!
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #4

Aug. must have been a big month for buying RVs, we also have a 3050s. Got it in Aug too. Love the big slide, makes everything roomy inside. Hope we never have trouble with the slide only time will tell. Enjoy yours !
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #5

2013 Forester #3051S no problem with the full slide. I had one on my Newmar Class "A" and loved it. Plus, having no slides on the passengers side is a plus. It gives you more room outside under the awning and TV placement is excellent. No bumping heads on slides getting into outside compartments!

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

We got ours in July. Had one issue where the slide got stuck out and wouldn't go in. Finally found the control box and followed the instructions to reset it and all has been well since other than a few minor things. I am the one who posted about the "load creaking noise". Will be taking it to the dealer in a couple of weeks for them to check it out. That has me a little concerned - but hopefully me or somebody else will figure it out and post for all to share.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #7

3050s

got mine in february and love it, wife loves the frig with four kids it can carry all the food they enjoy. it is a joy to drive . went from cape cod to cedar point in ohio stayed a week, without any problems. this is our second sunseeker, love both. keep on camping. winter here best time to camp, no crowds
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Commercial Member

I love threads like this. Warms my heart.

For what its worth, I was talking to the warranty manager about a week ago and asked him how things were going on the 3050/51 in the field. (I mean we can test until we're blue in the face but there is no replicating the damage kids can do). He said things were going really well there. He too, expected a some issues with the big slide, but so far so good.

It did help that we had a prototype that we camped in and put some miles on...that allowed us to make a few tweaks before full production.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #9

3051 Chassis

Not to hijack the thread, but you folks all have experience with the 3050. Maybe the creaking is from the chassis? I was interested in the 3010ds (or the Coachmen Leprechaun 319ds) but started wondering about the length on a 14,500 lb chassis. And you are at 32'. How is the handling and structural integrity? I'm in a itty bitty C right now, the 2250LE. Happy with it but looking for something bigger. Would especially be interested in hearing from trwmodella--you went from class A to C--what prompted that move? I'm presently considering a Newmar Baystar and would welcome your comments on the Newmar you had previously. Thanks all.
Lou
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #10

Got our 3050s in June. Love it. Just wish they would make a diagram where all the valves are so it can be winterized easily. I have seen several post on this load cracking, I do not have that noise. Curious as to why there is a loud sound.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #11

We took delivery in October and had only one night it and didn't have any water systems as it had already been winterized. This is our first MH so I'm unsure if the noises we hear when we are driving are "valid" or not.

So far, we're loving the feel and the room of the rig and looking forward to getting out in it. We got the cab-over entertainment system and I'd love to figure out how to access behind the big TV to add more input cables. The signal from the dash DVD to the TV is awful quality.

Also trying to figure out if the propane refill can be done at any standard propane-equipped station or if it needs an automotive-style refill point.

Winters in Ontario are too cold and snowy to be running the rig around, so were parked for the season.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #12

Regarding the propane refill: I'd say it varies. A propane place by our storage lot won't fill it. I would have guessed they would have done it for sure. However, a local hardware store will do it (haven't gone there yet though). I've had to top ours off twice now & I've done it at 2 different RV dealers so far. I've seen that some private campgrounds have a refill station but I'm guessing they are fairly expensive. And I've heard that truck stops can do it too. My best advice is to Google propane & your town name, call ahead, let them know the tank is mounted to a motorhome, & find out if they can do it.

All that said, I'm assuming your dealer delivered the unit to you with a full tank & (at least based on my use) it lasts for awhile. So you should be able to get to spring (probably June up your way, right?!?!?!) unless you will use it a lot over the winter.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #13

Hi paulmlac;

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it was full when we took delivery, well, just above 3/4 full on the tank gauge. To my understanding, they can't ever fill to 100% to allow for expansion? We were just thinking of having it filled before the snow flies to make sure things are topped up. We plan on visiting the Rig a few times throughout the winter so having sufficient LPG would be good.

Spring = June only if we're lucky! Actually, it's not too bad. We usually can get out by late April or early May if you don't mind cooler nights. As they say, there are three seasons up here: Winter, Mosquito and August...

I think the confusion I have had (and probably a couple of places we've Googled and talked to) is that it isn't actually automotive refilling, it's like a standard BBQ tank refill except the tank is attached to a MH!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #14

On propane full-up Flying J/Pilot truck centers have several locations that are RV friendly with propane stations and dump stations. Good Sam's club has a routing feature that will point out RV friendly stations which helps with just getting fuel. I believe AAA has a similar service.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #15

Around here the uhaul center and Ace hardware can fill a RV propane tank.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #16

I have the forester 3051S ford E450 triton V10 and LOVE IT. Got it in Oct. and have been on3 small trips with the last being the longest mile wise. Drove from Pittsburgh to Winchester Va. On the way down the GPS took me through the West Virginia back roads which was an experience. I was really happy with the way it handled and felt on the 2 lane back roads. Now it is a DOG going up the big hills, so am wondering how it will do when we cross the Rockies, and the gas mileage SUCKED. But i didn't buy an RV to worry about gas mileage. That said the return trip was mainly highway and could tell gas mileage was much better. I also am winterizing this month, woke up this morning to the most depressing site in the world. SNOW ON THE RV. This is the last winter this RV will see. My wife and I are putting our house on the market in the next couple of weeks and heading out on the road fulltime. We are going to go see our country for as long as it takes then find somewhere settle down when we are done. So i also am very interested in how the 3051 runs and what problems people have experienced as well as what they like about it.
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Now that's some snow on an RV. That was just overnight a few years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2650.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	42600  

Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #18

Wow! Were you out and camping in that rig in the winter like that?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
Commercial Member

2650 with some minor modifications (insulation lining valve compartment, no rear window). But yes. Annual ski trip. I wasn't on that particular trip. I went a year later where it got down to about 5 degrees Fahrenheit, not as much snow.

That's me on the right. I was warm and toasty, RV held up great. I can't say the same for my Indiana ski legs. Our vertical is 200 feet. The bunny hill is 200 feet in Alberta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0939.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	42603  

Old 11-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Now that's some snow on an RV. That was just overnight a few years back.
The photo brings up a question. What is the allowable depth of snow on a FR motorhome or trailer?

Also, I see that the motorhome doesn't have a ladder. That's a good idea for a rental - keeps the kids from jumping up and down on the roof.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote