Old 10-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Any 3050s owners?

Any one have the 3050s? Just curios if any problems with the giant slide. Really like the access to everything with the wife being disabled. Thanks in advance.

rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
We have the 2013 3050S. We picked it up in Aug. So far so good.

javelins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
We have a 2013 we picked up in August...Only big thing concerns me is the loud creaking noise as. we driver....See thread with same title. No one that I know of has had this diagnosed yet.

Love the big slide!
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Aug. must have been a big month for buying RVs, we also have a 3050s. Got it in Aug too. Love the big slide, makes everything roomy inside. Hope we never have trouble with the slide only time will tell. Enjoy yours !
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
2013 Forester #3051S no problem with the full slide. I had one on my Newmar Class "A" and loved it. Plus, having no slides on the passengers side is a plus. It gives you more room outside under the awning and TV placement is excellent. No bumping heads on slides getting into outside compartments!

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
We got ours in July. Had one issue where the slide got stuck out and wouldn't go in. Finally found the control box and followed the instructions to reset it and all has been well since other than a few minor things. I am the one who posted about the "load creaking noise". Will be taking it to the dealer in a couple of weeks for them to check it out. That has me a little concerned - but hopefully me or somebody else will figure it out and post for all to share.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #7

got mine in february and love it, wife loves the frig with four kids it can carry all the food they enjoy. it is a joy to drive . went from cape cod to cedar point in ohio stayed a week, without any problems. this is our second sunseeker, love both. keep on camping. winter here best time to camp, no crowds
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
I love threads like this. Warms my heart.

For what its worth, I was talking to the warranty manager about a week ago and asked him how things were going on the 3050/51 in the field. (I mean we can test until we're blue in the face but there is no replicating the damage kids can do). He said things were going really well there. He too, expected a some issues with the big slide, but so far so good.

It did help that we had a prototype that we camped in and put some miles on...that allowed us to make a few tweaks before full production.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
3051 Chassis

Not to hijack the thread, but you folks all have experience with the 3050. Maybe the creaking is from the chassis? I was interested in the 3010ds (or the Coachmen Leprechaun 319ds) but started wondering about the length on a 14,500 lb chassis. And you are at 32'. How is the handling and structural integrity? I'm in a itty bitty C right now, the 2250LE. Happy with it but looking for something bigger. Would especially be interested in hearing from trwmodella--you went from class A to C--what prompted that move? I'm presently considering a Newmar Baystar and would welcome your comments on the Newmar you had previously. Thanks all.
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
Got our 3050s in June. Love it. Just wish they would make a diagram where all the valves are so it can be winterized easily. I have seen several post on this load cracking, I do not have that noise. Curious as to why there is a loud sound.

DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote