Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #1

Any help on Sunseeker???

So we still have not taken a journey in our 2014 3170, but are trying to camp out in the driveway to see how the dogs do overnight. I went to fill the fresh water tank and notice water coming out from under the unit. When I look underneath towards the back I notice there are 2 blue tubes coming out the bottom. One of them has a black cap with a clamp onit, but he other one has nothing on it and water is just coming out of it. Is this normal? Or did they miss something at the factory? I find it hard to believe I would be camped out somewhere with water running out from under the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, microwave is not coming on anymore, used to always beep to set the clock, but now even the light inside is not on. Thanks everyone who has already helped this newbie with her questions.
beachbum107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #2

Reads like your fresh water tank is full and the tube is the overflow letting the extra out.

Have you checked the tanks status?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Sounds like a low point drain, or the valve to drain the tank is open.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #4

Sounds like the drain valve to your fresh water tank is open. It is located in the area next to your water filter. The water filter is located behind an access panel inside a rear right side storage compartment. Your dealer should have shown you this during the post sale walkdown.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #5

Any help???

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
Sounds like a low point drain, or the valve to drain the tank is open.

Yes. If it's the one with the cap that is the hot water low point drain. That one often works loose and needs tightened up by hand. The other one is the cold/fresh tank drain. That one has a valve up above. Open the closest exterior compartment and look for a removable panel. Both the water filter and drain valve are there.

For the microwave, you are plugged in or running the generator right ? You need 120v power for the microwave. If so check the circuit breaker inside the rv.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #6

Right inside the door on the bottom left is the coach battery disconnect switch. If this is turned off the microwave won't beep and you will have no display even when shore power is disconnected or the generator is off. Do your 12 volt lights work?
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #7

The switch should look something like this: mine is white faced instead of red.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410601383638.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	62683
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #8

Thanks everyone, the valve was left open so once I closed it I was able to keep water in the fresh water tank. Love all the help I've been getting on this forum-dealer didn't cover all these little details. Microwave is working too.
beachbum107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker