Old 01-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #11
GM

The graphics themselves should last 3 years. I have units in the field for longer than that, still looking new.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #12

Doesn't surprise me after seeing some 3-5 year old RVs. I'm assuming if it is left outside and uncovered.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #13

ATVer keep us posted on your new wheels, I am interested....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #14

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by szn8tt View Post
We are likely going to eventually order a Sunseeker 2300 Chevy chassis.
I am contemplating full body paint, mostly from a ease of maintenance perspective. I realize the weight of the paint will reduce my OCCC, but the 2300 on the Chevy has over 4000# OCCC.

Anybody out there have full body paint on the Sunseeker?
Likes?
Dislikes?

Thanks
Jay
Welcome to the 2300 posse..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #15

My three main reasons for not getting full paint even though I do like the look.

1. I needed the money to buy gas.

2. Concern that paint will fade and show it's age quicker than white will start to yellow. I've seen some full paint trailers that look pretty bad after only 3 or 4 years sitting in the sun. If you don't keep it that long or can store inside, of course that concern is deferred to the next owner.

3. The trend is to paint RV's grey or brown right now. What happens when that colour goes out of style? I guess no different than the green and orange decals on some of older white units but it's easier to change a sticker than a paint job.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #16

I have white and I think all the doors have decals on them
Old 01-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #17

I cannot imagine anyone would not like full body paint. It is a lot less maintenance. It is like taking care of your car. Yes it may be pricey but if you buy your coach right it is definitely not. I would never own a white gel coat finish, never after having full body paint. We get comments from Class A owners on how beautiful our coach looks. We have a 2013 27' Sunseeker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-27-2015, 10:37 PM   #18

I got a white unit. 2 years still looks good. Full body paint was expensive. Figured when the original white turns yellow and the decals fade, just take it to one of those wrap places and have it camouflaged. Slap on a couple of tiger paws (Go Clemson!!!) and voila. Just say'in.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-28-2015, 02:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
We have full body paint on a 2015 sunseeker. I guess there are some pros and cons such as cleaning is a little easier. And the disadvantages such as if you need a new water heater cover you have to get it painted to match rather than just pop a new one on

But, in reality it mostly comes down to whether or not you like the look of the paint enough to pay extra for it. We do and we did ��
x2
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst3 View Post

2. Concern that paint will fade and show it's age quicker than white will start to yellow. I've seen some full paint trailers that look pretty bad after only 3 or 4 years sitting in the sun. If you don't keep it that long or can store inside, of course that concern is deferred to the next owner.

3. The trend is to paint RV's grey or brown right now. What happens when that colour goes out of style? I guess no different than the green and orange decals on some of older white units but it's easier to change a sticker than a paint job.
Yes, I've seen some full paint coaches 6-8 years old that have some serious paint failure on them. Quite expensive to repair, I would guess. On the flip side, I've sen some white/ decal'ed coaches look pretty bad after 6-8 years.

As to the trends, I would say you are correct. All exteriors look dated after a while.

Not sure how full body paint is easier to maintain that white/ decal'ed coaches? Seems like they would both need to be washed and waxed regularly to keep the new look going.

Tags
sunseeker