Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #1

Anyone know how to adjust slide outs?

Hi,
I have a 2003 2890 29 LE with two slides. The front slide right side sticks out an inch or two when the slide is fully retracted. Any idea on how to adjust the slides so that the are flush with the motorhome when closed?
thanks,
Dan

By the way- this has been an outstanding motorhome for the last 55,000 miles! I love the layout and motor!
shackkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Shackkat...

Welcome to the FRF! Unfortunately, I don't know about the slide issue, but somebody will come along with an answer, shortly. Liepert and others have websites with all the manuals for their slide systems online. So for starters, do you know who made your slide mechanics?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #3

Here is a website on slides from another post

Although I just got my first trailer with slides, the dealer told me adjustment isnt too easy and if possible should be done by factory dealer if possible.

http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_m..._slideouts.htm
Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I'd take it in as well. First, I'd look for something that may be blocking the travel of slide. You never know.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies

Hi,
First thanks for the replies. I'm the kind of guy that likes to do as much of my own maintainance as I can. It can't be that hard to adjust slides. If I can build a house with a level floor and plumb walls and rebuild motors from cores I should be able to do this! (maybe not...I'm always so ambitious!)

I guess the first thing to do is determine the manufacture of the slide. I thought that would be common among the Sunseekers. It is an electric slide.

Dan
Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
Here is a website on slides from another post

Although I just got my first trailer with slides, the dealer told me adjustment isnt too easy and if possible should be done by factory dealer if possible.

http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_m..._slideouts.htm
Thanks Wildwood, I was just going to insert that link. There is good information on all aspects of slide operation and adjustment. The trick is to id the manual that fits your unit.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackkat View Post
Hi,
First thanks for the replies. I'm the kind of guy that likes to do as much of my own maintainance as I can. It can't be that hard to adjust slides. If I can build a house with a level floor and plumb walls and rebuild motors from cores I should be able to do this! (maybe not...I'm always so ambitious!)

I guess the first thing to do is determine the manufacture of the slide. I thought that would be common among the Sunseekers. It is an electric slide.

Dan
Dan, when you open that link, you'll see a variety of slide systems by LCI and you may find by opening each manual you'll see familiar parts and assemblies to yours. I can't say I know how many other slide system manufacturers there are out there, but LCI is the big one for FR. And yeah, I think with a good manual at your side as well as several beverages, you can do it.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #8

Well I've read several of the manuals. I like to know how things work. My original thought was to remove the couch/scissor bed and carpet kit to expose the bolts. This is the right step on almost all models. Then located the carrage bolts that allow front to back (horizontal) movement of the slide. I can see those underneath the slide. Then retighten the bolts.

The verticle is simuliar except you retract a set of bolts to lower the slide or tighten the same bolts to raise the slide.

Seems easy. I'll limit myself to one adult beverage and several waters while performing the work however!

I'll post back when I'm done. hopefully I'll find some time this Sunday.

Dan

Tags
sunseeker le