Old 07-24-2016, 12:08 AM   #1

Anyone's Sunseeker come with a bidet hose too

Just purchased a 2017 Sunseeker 3170DS. Next to the toilet is a bidet hose/sprayer ... Much like those in European hotels. I was surprised when I spotted it as its not a listed standard feature or option. Salesperson said they'd never seen it and speculated that originally the unit was slated for European market and then got changed while already in assembly.
All I know is I either got to keep the kids from playing with it or take it out.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
Just purchased a 2017 Sunseeker 3170DS. Next to the toilet is a bidet hose/sprayer ... Much like those in European hotels. I was surprised when I spotted it as its not a listed standard feature or option. Salesperson said they'd never seen it and speculated that originally the unit was slated for European market and then got changed while already in assembly.
All I know is I either got to keep the kids from playing with it or take it out.
Columbus and a number of other brands include that hose. It is designed more, I suspect, for cleaning the toilet than as a bidet. My guess is, if you look, that it is only plumbed to the cold water line.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #3

Good point and a very useful purpose. I'll check how it's plumbed when I take delivery. Looks just like ones I've seen all over Europe. Cold water will make a big difference though, lol. I found it surprising that the sales rep said she never saw that before.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #4

In order to use the sprayer, you need to have your foot on the flush foot control so the toilet is flushing.

Now I suppose if you were double jointed, very flexible, and into cold showers, it could probably be used as a bidet.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

Or invite a friend ;-)
Old 07-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #6

Bidet hose

Bought my Sunseeker in October 2015 and it came with the potatoes. The salesman actually pointed it out and says it is a new addition.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #7

Bidet hose

Bought my Sunseeker in October 2015 and it came with the bidet hose.. The salesman actually pointed it out and says it is a new addition.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromkate View Post
Bought my Sunseeker in October 2015 and it came with the bidet hose.. The salesman actually pointed it out and says it is a new addition.

Interesting. I guess some get it and more don't. Never saw it in any others... Including the others on the same lot. There must be some deciding criteria ... Perhaps toilet supplier and their model availability when FR calls to order..???
Don't know but I rarely complain about being given something extra. As if I didn't pay for it somewhere ;-)
Old 07-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #9

toilet sprayer

I had a sprayer in our last 5th wheel but, did not come included in our 3170DS Sunseeker. Camp World shows them in catalog but never seems to have them available. I found it great for cleaning up the toilet. The one I had did not require stepping on flush pedal to operate. It just attaches to waterline going to the toilet.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #10

I saw a lady inspecting a winnie Travato that had the hose and she exclaimed "it has a bidet hose."

The salesman responded sheepishly that the hose was for spraying the stuff off the toilet innards. He is probably still sweating over that.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker