Old 08-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #1

Arctic Pack

Anybody retrofit an Arctic Pack into a 3010DS? I have a 2014.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
GM

Do you need it?

Arctic pack only heats the black and gray tanks using 12V power (inefficient in my mind). Your 2014 would have "furnace air" heated tanks, water pump and water filter. As long as the furnace is running you are dumping some warm are in the compartment. With the arctic pack, all you heat is the black and gray tanks. (not the valves, water pump or filter)

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #3

Coach Net claims there is no ducting. I will look for myself. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
GM

Coach Net probably assumes it's just like every other class C, which we are not.

The outside kitchen gray valve is not heated, but then it's not used all that often.

Look In the passenger side compartment just behind the tires. Should have a black ABS cover. Open that you will see water filter, water pump. Tucked away in that area is a silver duct run. 2" in diameter. That feeds from the furnace.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #5

Great! I will look for that. Thanks again.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #6

We ordered our 2011 Sunseeker 3100 with the Arctic Pak expecting to need it while driving in freezing weather. That has never happened, but we've been camping overnight in a fully exposed location in 19 degrees F with a 20 mph wind. We had the LP furnace running to keep the coach warm. The next morning I checked the compartment with the water pump and filter that bclemens mentioned, and the dump valve compartment. Both were about 50 degrees. We didn't use the Arctic Pak and see no reason to have done so. If you will be camping in much colder temperatures, you may need it.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
GM

Sweet. I'm not right very often. I am now printing this off for the wife as proof.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Sweet. I'm not right very often. I am now printing this off for the wife as proof.
"Somehow" she will still turn it against you........ your still wrong even when your right.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Old 08-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Do you need it?

Arctic pack only heats the black and gray tanks using 12V power (inefficient in my mind). Your 2014 would have "furnace air" heated tanks, water pump and water filter. As long as the furnace is running you are dumping some warm are in the compartment. With the arctic pack, all you heat is the black and gray tanks. (not the valves, water pump or filter)
Mine have heat tape or wrap around the valves also. With that on it produces enough heat by volume to keep the pump and filter from freezing. You need to keep the tanks full, and a well insulated bottom. I take my remote temp stat out of the refer and put it in the basement then I always know what temp it is down their. What I had to do through is put two shut off valves in the basement for the low drains that are below the insulated area, I keep those empty so they can not freeze. once it starts there is no stopping it. Or wrap foil insulation around the blue and red lines below the bottom.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
"Somehow" she will still turn it against you........ your still wrong even when your right.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Yes, I know. But I really just do it for my own personal satisfaction.