Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #1

Auto leveling options for 2860DS

I recently got a quote from our local dealer for an auto leveling system for our Sunseeker 2869DS. They want a good chunk of change, so I would like to check alternatives. But I don't know where else to ask.

We are fairly new to RVing, how can I find alternatives to my dealer for big jobs?
wplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wplate View Post
I recently got a quote from our local dealer for an auto leveling system for our Sunseeker 2869DS. They want a good chunk of change, so I would like to check alternatives. But I don't know where else to ask.

We are fairly new to RVing, how can I find alternatives to my dealer for big jobs?
Are you going to Goshen? Call LCI office they have a special for the show. I called CW and my dealer first they wanted 6500.00 to install a 3.0 ground system. LCI will put mine on for 2900.00 when I'm in Goshen at the factory. Have the appointment set for 7:00 AM August 5th. Look up yesterday's post on what mods did you do. There are pictures of a Rieco Titan system that the OP installed himself. Cost him just under 2500.00 bucks to buy and about 12 hrs with beer breaks to install. He did a great job. For me I'm done with installing stuff. Either I have to hire someone or it will not get done.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #3

Check out the thread on Bigfoot ez levelers by parpar1 in this section. He did this install and has good information and pictures.
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
...For me I'm done with installing stuff. Either I have to hire someone or it will not get done.
Yeah, but you're lazier than 3 people oughta be except when it comes to bending your elbow and flapping your jaws.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #5

I am not going to Goshen (I assume based on my Google search that it is in Indiana?), but thanks.

I also will not self-install, but it is good to know it is possible for the right person to do.

The dealer I bought the RV from is offering an HWH 610 system for approx $7000 installed.
Is this a reasonable price?
Is it worth it?

Suggestions for how to find dealers/installers to compare against?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #6

The Big Foot website has fully automatic systems for about $3500. Double that for installation seems high. Their website also lists a network of dealers who do installation.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
I am not going to Goshen (I assume based on my Google search that it is in Indiana?), but thanks.

I also will not self-install, but it is good to know it is possible for the right person to do.

The dealer I bought the RV from is offering an HWH 610 system for approx $7000 installed.
Is this a reasonable price?
Is it worth it?

Suggestions for how to find dealers/installers to compare against?
I would call LCI they have dealers that install the system all over the USA. They would be able to find one for you and you can call them and get a price. That's higher then CW and nobody is higher then them. I know CW is $6500.00

Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
The Big Foot website has fully automatic systems for about $3500. Double that for installation seems high. Their website also lists a network of dealers who do installation.

Thank you. I did email the company that makes Big Foot. Their website lists my dealer that doesn't actually sell or install the big foot. So they gave me a list if companies all Hours away. That was discouraging. I suppose I should at least call those far away companies at least to compare.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #9

Quote:
I would call LCI they have dealers that install the system all over the USA. They would be able to find one for you and you can call them and get a price. That's higher then CW and nobody is higher then them. I know CW is $6500.00

CW is Camping World?
What is LCI?

Thank you!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #10

Leveling System.

I just got back from Quadra Manufacturing in Indiana where I had the Bigfoot system installed on my Sunseeker 2860DS. It was a 4 hour drive each way but worth it. I slept in the parking lot the night before and at 7:00 am they started. I was on the road by 10:00 am. Cost was just under 4,000 for the automatic system. They were great people to work with and the system is amazing. Just push the auto button and done. Bigfoot is the best system out there and I did a lot of research before I purchased. I did get a 300.00 discount of installation on a special they were running in April. Installation is normally 600.00. So looking at just under 4,300 for install. Good Luck
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacostaco View Post
I just got back from Quadra Manufacturing in Indiana where I had the Bigfoot system installed on my Sunseeker 2860DS. It was a 4 hour drive each way but worth it. I

Dang, that's cool. I wish Seattle (where I am) was closer to Indiana!

Thanks for the detailed info.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Dang, that's cool. I wish Seattle (where I am) was closer to Indiana!

Thanks for the detailed info.
No you don't.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #13

Quote:
CW is Camping World?
What is LCI?

Thank you!
Lippard Component Industry, The frame makers for FR. They also have dealers and distributors all over the USA. It's the lippard 3.0 ground system.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Lippard Component Industry, The frame makers for FR. They also have dealers and distributors all over the USA. It's the lippard 3.0 ground system.
Lippert Components, Inc
Old 05-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Lippert Components, Inc
Thanks for the correction, but what are you doing up this time a day anyway?... I think the sandman is calling.

Tags
leveling