Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #21

Going to have dealer install braking system and light/elec stuff for my samurai ( Tonkatoy)' but want permanent system (without box) so just unhook and go.I am thinking of SMI Play IN Stay for braking system. Any thoughts or opinions very much appreciated. The Sami was a toad in past, so came with bar and (supposedly) light wiring. Bought accessory kit on EBay- do I need 7 wire to 6 wire cable? I am buying parts myself -dealer prices too high. Thanks for any info.

Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #22

I did use a Brake Buddy when I had my 38' diesel pusher. We did run an extra power wire to power the brake buddy. Setup was easy and I liked it. Now we have a 32' Coachman Class A with a Fiat 500. Its so light, I don't need auxiliary braking in the states we visit.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkranchgalnguy View Post
Going to have dealer install braking system and light/elec stuff for my samurai ( Tonkatoy)' but want permanent system (without box) so just unhook and go.I am thinking of SMI Play IN Stay for braking system. Any thoughts or opinions very much appreciated. The Sami was a toad in past, so came with bar and (supposedly) light wiring. Bought accessory kit on EBay- do I need 7 wire to 6 wire cable? I am buying parts myself -dealer prices too high. Thanks for any info.
If you want simple unhook and go get a mechanical surge brake system for your toad. Ready brake is one and Blue OX makes another called auto brake. Just unhook your tow bar and disconnect the brake cable at the tow bar and you are done. The ready brake actuator will install between your RV receiver hitch and tow bar so you can use the tow bar you already have. Just have to install the brake pedal cable hookup in your Sami. No boxes or electric hookups unless you want to install optional toad brake monitoring as you might with any other aux brake system.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #24

Hoglou, once again I need your advice. My dinghy's battery is being depleted by the Patriot brake controller. (I'll humbly admit that I inadvertently left the dinghy key on all night.) You spoke of a way to run the Patriot off the motorhome. eTrailer.com suggested changing my four pin connector to a six pin connector and running the extra two unused wires directly to the Patriot so it doesn't draw off the dinghy at all. I saw on this thread that you spoke of a BrakeBuddy 39332, which runs to the dingy battery rather than direct to the Patriot. Do you have an opinion on which is the better way to go. I am leaving Saturday next week (25th) for TX from OH. I already ordered the 7 pin to 6 pin connector and wiring that powers the Patriot directly, I can cancel that order $94 (at a price) but wanted to get some expert advice on which way to go.