Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #1

Back FLow Inhibitor Valve 3120

What info can I get on this valve to help wash out the black tank when dumping,, can it be repaired or does it need to be replaced if bad..does anyone have a part number or something to lead me to where I can buy one please...back flow inhibitor valve is what I think its called... it's located up high under the sink cabinet in the bath room..

Thanks in advance..
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #2

I believe it's called an anti siphon valve. My experience is that they are more likely to leak than stop flow (unless they are installed backwards). They can be removed and disassembled. However the lines are PEX so you will need a Pex ring compresser tool and rings to replace. Concerning no spray flow I think it is more likely that the holes in spray nozzle inside the tank are plugged up.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

Hope this helps?

Amazon.com: JR Products 571-Vac-Chk-A Flusher Vacuum Breaker/Check Valve: Automotive

http://jrproducts.net/index.php/cata...c.%20Plumbing/
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
Campfire Master

I've taken mine off before to clean it out. Found it full of sawdust. After cleaning I got a much better flow through the flush. The pex tubing connecting it had fittings that could be unscrewed.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #5

how and are where do you get to this to clean it? it worked find for about a year until a few months ago...
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #6

On 3120s the anti siphon valve is under and up behind the bathroom sink bowl. The spray nozzle in the tank is accessible from the storage compartment that houses the water filter. Look up just inside the door opening and you will see it on the right side tank. The left tank is the gray tank. On latter model years there may be a tank cover that needs to be removed to see it.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
On 3120s the anti siphon valve is under and up behind the bathroom sink bowl. The spray nozzle in the tank is accessible from the storage compartment that houses the water filter. Look up just inside the door opening and you will see it on the right side tank. The left tank is the gray tank. On latter model years there may be a tank cover that needs to be removed to see it.
I think mind has the covers cause I don't think i can see anything... is it towards the top of the tank or ? guess my question is does the tank need to be completely empty? also I saw where someone blew compressed air into theirs to clean it out.. what are your thought on that ATV? I know you've been all threw your RV and trust your opinion.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook View Post
I think mind has the covers cause I don't think i can see anything... is it towards the top of the tank or ? guess my question is does the tank need to be completely empty? also I saw where someone blew compressed air into theirs to clean it out.. what are your thought on that ATV? I know you've been all threw your RV and trust your opinion.
It appears from your profile that you also have a 2012. I thought the covers came on the 2013s but maybe very late build 2012s got them. Is your black water flush connection on the passenger side? If so you should be able to see the blue pex line going into the tank (inside the compartment) below and a little to the right of the flush hose connection.

The nozzle is in the side of the tank maybe about half way up. You can use air to try and blow it out but I wouldn't use more than 75 lbs pressure.