Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #1

Back up Monitor says “no signal”

Backup assist just quit working and monitor screen displays NO SIGNAL. Referenced manual for possible fuse location but manual is not real clear. Checked several fuses but didn’t have any luck. Will have to check everyone.
My guess is lack of power to camera or connection between camera and monitor has failed. Has anyone had this happen. 2014 Sunseeker on Ford chassis. Any help would be appreciated.
Sunseeker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

I dont think the camera line feeds directly in to the dispaly. There should box under your steering wheel that connects the two. Thats my only guess...
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Site Team

On my 5th wheel, the camera transmits a through-the-air signal (I don't know a better term) to the monitor; it is not hardwire. On my system, the message you see is caused by the camera losing power. At a campground on the way home from Goshen one year, I climbed on top, pulled the camera wiring out of the back wall through a rubber weather shield grommet and determined my power wire connection was partially disconnected. I seated that connection and all has been well since then.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
I dont think the camera line feeds directly in to the dispaly. There should box under your steering wheel that connects the two. Thats my only guess...
This is what i did, same symptoms as yours. 30 second fix
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #5

I have had the same problem with 2015 forester 3051s. Now it is intermittent, but has been working for a couple of months. There is a splitter under the dash panel on the left side of the steering wheel with I think camera feed in and left/right and backup camera out. You can move these around and see if it changes anything. I've been told to check the camera in the dark with the camera on and if the IR light does not come on the camera may be bad. Found most of this info on google and the manual. Good Luck.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
I have had the same problem with 2015 forester 3051s. Now it is intermittent, but has been working for a couple of months. There is a splitter under the dash panel on the left side of the steering wheel with I think camera feed in and left/right and backup camera out. You can move these around and see if it changes anything. I've been told to check the camera in the dark with the camera on and if the IR light does not come on the camera may be bad. Found most of this info on google and the manual. Good Luck.
The box under the dash on our 2017 3051S is a multiplexer that the 2 side view and backup cameras feed into then out to the radio. No issues yet except slow switching back to rear camera when using turn signals.
(Yes, I know this is the Sunseeker section but I monitor both since they're similar.)
Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
The box under the dash on our 2017 3051S is a multiplexer that the 2 side view and backup cameras feed into then out to the radio. No issues yet except slow switching back to rear camera when using turn signals.
(Yes, I know this is the Sunseeker section but I monitor both since they're similar.)
Sorry for the hijack,

Netgain, have you tried adjusting the "trigger delay" to minimum in the menu?
Old 07-28-2018, 01:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
Sorry for the hijack,

Netgain, have you tried adjusting the "trigger delay" to minimum in the menu?
No I haven't. Wasn't sure it was possible.
Please enlighten me.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
No I haven't. Wasn't sure it was possible.
Please enlighten me.
Assuming your 2017 has the same RVS system as my 2017. Press "M" on the screen and scroll down to "Trigger Delay". Press "M" to enter and lines 1,2 & 3 are shown, press "M" and then you can adjust the delay between 0 and 100.

I believe mine was set on 100 and I set it on 1 and the delay was only a few seconds. You have to play with it to determine which lines are for the side cameras, and I don't recall what the third line does.

I finally decided that I didn't use the side cameras during a turn and would rather see the Toad during a turn. So I rewired the multiplexer and now the side cameras don't turn on with the turn signals but I can turn them on manually with the "V1/V2" selection on the screen. I do that when I want to see a curb or other objects.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
Assuming your 2017 has the same RVS system as my 2017. Press "M" on the screen and scroll down to "Trigger Delay". Press "M" to enter and lines 1,2 & 3 are shown, press "M" and then you can adjust the delay between 0 and 100.

I believe mine was set on 100 and I set it on 1 and the delay was only a few seconds. You have to play with it to determine which lines are for the side cameras, and I don't recall what the third line does.

I finally decided that I didn't use the side cameras during a turn and would rather see the Toad during a turn. So I rewired the multiplexer and now the side cameras don't turn on with the turn signals but I can turn them on manually with the "V1/V2" selection on the screen. I do that when I want to see a curb or other objects.
Thank you very much!
I'll try that later today and report back.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #11

This may not be your issue... when I was working on replacing the diverter valve in the bathroom shower, I bumped a wire inside the wall. This is what I found:

The video cable was routed through that wall, the assemblers plugged it in but didn't tighten the set ring. Checking the backup camera: No Signal.

It took a fair amount of disassembly to reconnect the two ends, but I've restored the function, tightened the fittings, and bound the cable to reduce noise in the wall.

Sh.t happens.