Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #1

Backup camera image upside down

I just purchased a Sunseeker MBS 2400WS and it has a backup camera with side cameras. The system is a RVS-770619N mirror mount. My problem is that the images are upside down. I called tech support and I spoke with a tech but he couldn't figure it out and said he would call me back. I'm still waiting for the call back.

In the owners manual it states that if I push menu 7 times I'm supposed to reach rotate image option. My problem is I can't push menu 7 times before it quits.
1st push is to brightness like it says. the 2nd push takes me to AV1 instead of contrast. 3rd push takes me to AV3 instead of saturation and the 4th push takes me to volume of AV3 instead of sharpness. then it won't let me do anything except adjust volume on AV3. I back out of it by pushing V1/V2 button.
Has any else had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
8.1pwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #2

Any time I have a computer fluke problem I reboot it, normally that will take care of it, they should give you in the instruction how to reboot it, I have a Jensen piece of junk and you reboot the system with a paper clip, look into that is all I can suggest to you, ....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #3

Looking at https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...776619-nm.html,
Try hitting the Video / Select button on the remote when the Menu is NOT opened.

If that doesnt work, is there a system reset function?

Hooe that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #4

Just to clarify, are the on-screen menus and text upside down, too?

I've found in a number of electronics manuals, especially when they are translated, they are not totally accurate, for instance, in one where it said "push repeatedly" it actually meant HOLD the button. Other times the hardware or firmware is updated and the manual doesn't change to reflect those changes. Try various combinations of holding down buttons and such and try to keep track of what works and what doesn't so you can amend your manual if you have success.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #5

Thanks for all the replies. Mr Towed yes the text and image are upside down. Skip12 thanks for the link. I asked RVS the same question. I'll see what they reply.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.1pwr View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Mr Towed yes the text and image are upside down. Skip12 thanks for the link. I asked RVS the same question. I'll see what they reply.
OK, so if the menus are upside down, excuse me for asking, and no offense, but could the monitor simply be mounted upside down? That being said, if the instructions mention an image flip feature, you should be able to do so, but if there are multiple cameras then i would think you would be able to flip the image for each camera individually, so maybe there is a setting within each video source?
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #7

At first I thought maybe the monitor was upside down. But then I looked at it and all the buttons on the side are right side up and it looks just like the pictures in the owners manual. I did find a TURN setting but that took it from the upside down mirror image to just an upside down image.
I found the 3 video cameras but the only settings that I can find are the brightness and contrast settings that I can adjust. Nothing seems to work like the owners manual says. I emailed RVS and asked them if there is a hard reset that can be done so I can start over. I'll wait and see if I get a reply. Maybe the monitor went bad?
Old 02-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #8

Bought a used 2010 30 ft Forester in 2011. Had the rear view mirror monitor with a upside down image. Couldn't find any info in the paperwork. Couldn't even find a name on the monitor. A internet search yielded little info. A call to Forest River eventually let me know I needed a remote to use with the one page instructions they emailed. I had no remote and found that Forest River switched supplier and old brand out of business . SH!! 2 months later a gentleman from FR called and ask my address. He had one remote and sent it free of charge. Thank you FR, and I didn't even buy the rig from them but when/if I buy new I will buy from Forest River.
kingbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.1pwr View Post
three Cameras, right? are they all upside down?

Any connection on the monitor that could be reversed?
What happens if you remove a camera and invert it? Could the left camera be on the right and the right on the left. That I suspect would flip them. Then that would leave the rear to remove and invert?

Just the thoughts from my diagnostic brain.

Please report the solution when you find it.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saunseeker, sunseeker