Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Backup Camera/Mysterious Plug

On our way home during the last trip, the backup camera stopped working. We checked all the connections and switches that we could find to no avail, but shortly thereafter, a small plug appeared from under the dash toward the right side of the engine cover under the Magnadyne unit. I suspect that it's from the Magnadyne, but hope that it's the answer to the backup display. As access to the under-the-dash space is virtually nonexistent, I'm hoping for some good ideas. thanks = geri
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVPlug.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	45406  

Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
There is a control box for the backup camera under the dash. I'm not sure if the plug in you picture is from it, but its possible. Box is about 4x4 inches if I recall correctly. Reach up under there and see if you can locate. In addition to power, backup signal, there will be connectors for three cameras and monitor out.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Your camera modulator is on top of cowl panel that surrounds the bottom of the steering wheel column. It is likely zip-tied to a support frame member. The cowl is easy enough to pull away. My modulator was sitting quite lose and wires were all about. I re-tied things in a more secure manner. The plug in your photo appears to be the Ford OEM plug for the accessory dealer add-on for the dash panel. The Ford options are quite extensive including a USB interconnection and 120 volt outlet. There are a number of pre-wire in the dash including electric brake.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Thanks all, as soon as it gets warmer, I'll try accessing the camera modulator. Sounds like the little plug is something to tuck back in.
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote