Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #1

Backup / Side Cameras ? and Manual

Just picked up a new 2015 3010DS over the weekend. It has the backup and side camera options.

The backup camera turned out to be bad so a replacement is on order. But, in the meantime, I had two questions...

1. No manual of any kind came with the camera/monitor. Does anyone know where I can download one?

2. The side camera works well but.....they seem to be a little uncertain as to when they come on. About 75% of the time, they come on as soon as the turn signal is activated, other times there is a delay of 10 seconds or so (which really makes them not useful), and once or twice they don't come on at all. Any thoughts on that>?

Thanks
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #2

I have the system in my 2014 2860ds. I got this tiny booklet with it which told me nothing so wrote the company for a manual and they sent me that same thing I already had! There should be a tiny remote with it too! I only went out once so far I was able to see behind me at all times, angle is set for towing. When I turned on turn signal it would come on and then stay on a couple seconds after the signal went off. Backed up to a fence and the distance measurement screen came on so that I could park within 2 ft without hitting or getting out, which was nice.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
Commercial Member

The rear camera can be adjusted to change the angle. Most people want to see the hitch/bumper so they can park close to something.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

Terrie,
Great, another manual I didn't get and now I learn there is a remote control with it, what does it look like? LOL what does it do let you adjust the camera in the rear? I wondered how you did that?
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Commercial Member

It doesn't. You have to climb the ladder and manually adjust it. It is set on a pivot mount...might need to loosen some screws.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #6

Oh, OK, so what is the remote for? I'm confused LOL
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Remote is worthless in my opinion. But they ship it with the camera, we pass it on.

It changes source (side camera, if equipped, rear camera, etc). Power button, on off...maybe brightness?

It's like having a remote for your alarm clock. "ooh, awesome, this alarm clock has a remote, the other one doesn't. Let's get this one". 6 years later the remote sits in the bedside table, you clean one day, find it. Let's see how this works. batteries are dead. Goes back in the drawer.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #8

We have the same system. On ours the side cameras come on instantly after moving the turn signal lever. However, I don't use them at all. If you setup your lower mirrors correctly you will not need the cameras. I actually removed the input from the left camera and installed the output from the DVD player. You can now watch movies in the small LCD screen.

You really don't need a manual, the system is pretty straight forward. Play a little with the buttons and you'll know what they do. The remote control is pretty silly. I wish the rear camera had a wider angle...or say a taller angle so that you can see from your bumper all of the way back.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #9

First couple times out the right signal/camera turned on fine now I just get a colored screen. Left and rear work fine.Weird part is that when I am stationary the right side comes on fine?? What can be the cause? What part of the warranty would this be? Got my rig in Dec and making sure everything is working at least a few times before year is up.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
First couple times out the right signal/camera turned on fine now I just get a colored screen. Left and rear work fine.Weird part is that when I am stationary the right side comes on fine?? What can be the cause? What part of the warranty would this be? Got my rig in Dec and making sure everything is working at least a few times before year is up.
I am under the assumption that this falls under the 1 year Forest River warranty.

My side cameras work correctly about 50% of the time...at other times they either (1) don't come on at all or (2) come on but have a 10-20 second delay which makes them mostly useless.

My rear camera has never worked.

Its going in for warranty work tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
I am under the assumption that this falls under the 1 year Forest River warranty.

My side cameras work correctly about 50% of the time...at other times they either (1) don't come on at all or (2) come on but have a 10-20 second delay which makes them mostly useless.

My rear camera has never worked.

Its going in for warranty work tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens!
We have put 7k miles on ours and have never had a glitch. The only camera we ever use is the rear one while backing up.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Forest River warranty. Those are not Ford parts.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #13

Follow-up...After some extensive testing, the dealer has determined that the problem with my unit is the display itself (ie, the unit that attaches to he windshield). Noting wrong with the cameras, wiring, ground, control, etc.

They are going back to Forest River to request a replacement and as soon as that is in, I should be good to go.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #14

I'm glad you got your fixed... or potentially anyway.

Anyone know where the brain box is located in a 2250? I went over a bump and lost my back up camera this weekend. I want to check all of the connections but I can't find it. Fuses are good.

Thanks.
Vic Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #15

The box is up under the dash near the steering column. May have to remove a trim piece to get to it. It is a silver box about the size of a paperback book.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

Tags
manual