Old 09-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

Battery not charging while driving

I know this has been asked but i could not find the old thread. I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3010DSF. I just had the power converter replace as it was not charging the batterys when plugged in to 110V., It would charge while driving, Now the batterys charge from the converter when pluged in ,but it does not charge while driving. I read something about a 5 amp fuse that is part of that circut, Not sure where this is located but i have checked all the 5 amp fuses in all the panels, Under the hood, under the dash and the battery center in the step well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

What type of tow vehicle do you have? Most GM and Ford product require a fuse be installed and sometime a wire hooked up under the hood, also is your brake controller working?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #3

Nothing to do with a tow vehicle. This is the actual house battery's in the motorhome.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 AM   #4

Is your battery disconnect switch on? Must be on to receive charge from chassis battery/alternator while driving. Only fuse involved is in the battery control center in the stairwell, which you said you have checked.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 09-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #5

Hello
Yes master switch was on. I had gone down down the road a ways and found out that is was not charging, Proceded to make all the checks i could, called the dealer back and had to go back to the dealer. They took it right in and found the battery isolator module was bad, tech said he may have touched a neg and positive wire together when installing the new power converter. replaced the isolator and back in business, Just a pain to have to go back to the dealer. But i was in and out in about 20 minutes, Good to go and head back to Florida for the winter.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #6

There's a 5 amp fuse in the Battery Control Center marked "BIRD HOT". The BCC is behind a panel on the left side of the lowest step. the BIRD is getting power from the coach system, an orange wire brings 12 volts from the Ford chassis when it is running. The BIRD the energizes the relay that connects the coach and chassis 12 volt systems. The orange wire is spliced into the Ford system under the dash, on the left side of the steering column. You could check for voltage there. Sorry, but I don't remember if there is an inline fuse there, and haven't traced which fuse in the Ford panel feeds the orange wire.

Tags
battery, charging