Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #1

Bed Lift Shocks Issue

I just installed a sleep number bed in our 2006 Forest River Sunseeker 2600. While messing under the bed to look at the best position to locate the pump, my bed left shocks locked up. I tried extending more, rotating, etc. I just could not get them to compress so I could lower the bed. I temporally removed the screws so that mount the shocks so I could lower the bed. Any suggestions?

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #2

My prior MH had a sleep number bed and I had the same problem. The mattress isn't heavy enough to initially break the strut's lock mechanism and allow the platform to lower. They aren't defective, just need more weight. It took both my wife and myself to put enough pressure on the end of the bed platform to get it to lower.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #3

I have a 2012 2650. How did you access an elec outlet to plug in the pump?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #4

TomG - i pulled out the drawer on the passenger side of the vehicle and saw how much room behind and under the drawer so I located the pump behind and under the drawer. I then drilled a 2" hole with one of the circular bits and ran the pump hoses and electrical plug out. The hole is covered by t
he side of the mattress. Plugged the power into the AC outlet right near the hole. Added some tie straps and we are good to go.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
My prior MH had a sleep number bed and I had the same problem. The mattress isn't heavy enough to initially break the strut's lock mechanism and allow the platform to lower. They aren't defective, just need more weight. It took both my wife and myself to put enough pressure on the end of the bed platform to get it to lower.
You can relocate the both anchors for the struts closer to the end of the bed. Move both the upper and lower strut anchors 3" toward the foot of the bed as an experiment to lower the effort to close it. You can also move the bottom anchor an inch or two closer to the head of the bed, which will limit the amount of height the bed will lift.

Tags
bed