Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #1

Beeping alarm in new to me 3010ds

I just brought home a 2014 3010DS. I tried to start the generator and it did not have enough battery power to start. I then just plugged it in to 20 amp service at my home. I know the battery cutoff switch was ON. Everything seemed fine for hours. Later I went inside my home and watched tv. Later when I was going to bed I could here a beeping alarm. I went outside and it was coming from inside the MH. I could not pinpoint the alarm. It seemed like it was coming from the monitor panel but I think it was coming from the Carbon Monoxide/Propane detector since it was blocked by the slide(IN). I turned off the battery cutoff and in 2 minutes the alarm shut off. I then unplugged from 20 amp for the night. No appliances were on. Propane off. What would make that alarm go off? It was about 62 degrees and humid and just starting to rain outside but I doubt humidity would set it off.
Any Ideas?
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #2

The CO alarms sometimes go off when the battery is weak. Check the voltage on your battery, both before you plug in and after. It sounds like your converter is not recharging your battery.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #3

X2 on weak battery. Also, it will alarm sometimes when first turning on the furnace . Alarm will reset after battery charged, but the alarm also has a lifetime (it will keep alarming when it reaches it, it can be reset, but will only silence for 3 days). Check the date on the alarm. I'm not home right now, so I can't check the lifetime of it (I think it's 5 or 7 years). If it is outdated, you can order fron Amazon, or pick up one in Camping World.
Got this from their site:
How often should safety alarms be replaced on a RV?

Replace your Propane and CO Alarms that are over 5 years old.*Only install Propane and CO alarms that are UL listed for Recreational Vehicle Use. Some CO alarms or their replaceable CO sensors may have a shorter service life. Check the manufacturer's owner's manual for replacement information. Replace your Smoke & Fire Alarms that are over 10 years old.*
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saunseeker, sunseeker