Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 05:15 AM   #1

Big Foot Alarm

I live in MI and about once a month I start my C 2860 up to run the engine unplug and run generator for about 15-20 minutes. This is my second winter with my rig. When I did it this time the Big Foot was alarming and two of the jacks on the panel were lit. I could not get it to power down would only shut off when I turned off the engine. All jacks were UP. It had been a warmer past couple of days what could have caused this and should I have just put the jacks down for a minute? I just let it be for fear of destroying something. Thanks min advance for any help

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #2

Mine have done that twice. Both times I was able to retract all then it was fine. It hasn't done it again in 9 months or so. Hopefully this works for you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #3

Just happened to me yesterday. I could not power on, just held down the emergency retract and they came up. So far so good.
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #4

had a problem with my also, e-mailed big foot put on 4 quarter inch caps and problem went away. seems a slight drop i the small rod that touches the pad will cause the problem. sensor is very touchy on pad put caps on the rods to solve problem keep on camping oldnewguy
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote