Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #1

Big Foot Leveler Adjustment

We went out on our second trip with our 2015 3010. First trip no problems with levelers. This one the alarm started beeping on and off when we would hit bumps, then it just stayed on. We unplugged one of the plugs in the back and it stopped beeping. When we got to the campsite I plugged it back in, but the auto leveling would not work. Because I unplugged it do I have to go through the steps in the book when they are new? I wasn't sure if it loses memory when unplugged from the back behind the driver seat.Manual leveling worked fine.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #2

Brian, I would call Big Foot today and discuss your situation. They are more than helpful with their products. I suspect you now have a synchronizing issue with the jacks.

Frank

2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
Brian, I would call Big Foot today and discuss your situation. They are more than helpful with their products. I suspect you now have a synchronizing issue with the jacks.

Frank

I took your advise and called big foot directly. The gentleman I spoke to seemed to know exactly what the problem is and told me to go to an auto store and get 4 1/4" valve caps to place on each stem of the levelers. That's what I will do and will report back when I've taken another trip.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

That should have said vacuum caps instead of valve caps.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #5

Sounds like a plunger switch on a strut. Also sounds like a jury-rig fix from the manufacturer. After a million units one would think they would have the placement of those down pat (I only had issues with them from dirt accumulation). Sometimes with the leveler down pushing on the plunger shaft back up into the housing and letting it snap back a few times will fix the problem. Maybe this isn't your issue though.