Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
DW's 401(k) Plan

Big Foot Levelers - No Go

This is my 5th time out this year, so I've used the levelers a time or two, or four. Got to our site early this evening, plugged in to the 30 amp service, hit the POWER button on the BigFoot Levelers and.... nada...zip, zilch. Not even a light. Held the button, still nothing. Checked power, everything worked elsewhere. Checked breakers and fuses - everything in good working order.
So, where else do I need to check? Evidently there's something underneath I should look at. Any ideas where?
I think I read somewhere about a reset behind the BigFoot panel?

Other than that, beautiful weather here at Raystown Lake, PA.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

Mine weren't working when I did my checkouts at the dealer after finding they had left the battery on and ran it down. After running the truck, then gen to charge it. The jacks still wouldnt work. The tech pulled the 4 screws, removed the control panel, unplugged the connector, paused a minute, then reconnected. Worked fine after that. He said that sometimes thet are sensitive to power on/off and have to be "re-booted". Your results may vary.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
DW's 401(k) Plan

I thought I had read that before, but couldn't remember who it was.

Thank you, Sir. I shall try that this morning.

We're sitting on a pretty level spot. So, it hasn't been an issue. But I could foresee problems if we weren't.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 07-01-2016, 07:49 AM   #4

The control box can sometimes have a problem with the on/off pad making contact. Try pulling the plug on the side of box were the control wire connects and plugging right back in again. If that fixes it for this time then you could install an extra miniature slide switch on the side of the box to interrupt the power which will give the same result as pulling the plug out. This is exactly what I did to cure the seemingly same problem.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Racer View Post
The control box can sometimes have a problem with the on/off pad making contact. Try pulling the plug on the side of box were the control wire connects and plugging right back in again. If that fixes it for this time then you could install an extra miniature slide switch on the side of the box to interrupt the power which will give the same result as pulling the plug out. This is exactly what I did to cure the seemingly same problem.
Heeeeyyyy, not a bad idea!

Took DW out to breakfast this morning and stopped by the local Wally World afterwards to pick up provisions. Seems like it's getting to be a ritual whenever we come up to Raystown Lake to do this on Friday mornings.
And yes, Gentlemen, disconnecting the control panel was the trick. Y'all are great! I was hoping it would be that easy. Sometimes I feel like Joe Btfsplk from the L'il Abner cartoon.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 07-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #6

I stand corrected; it has been a while since I actually looked at the controller with that in mind.
The plug that you can pull with out taking anything apart is on the other end of the cord. Where the cord plugs into the box on the floor in back of the seat. And only the small plug with the red wire needs to be pulled.
I wanted it to be handier so a very small slide switch was put on the control box, which acts the same as pulling the plug. The red wire inside was put on the switch.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #7

Timing is everything. Yesterday had the front/rear lights flashing which has bric ayes house battery is low. While on the phone with our dealer. I undid the four screws holding control panel in place and disconnected the 8 conductor coupler on back. Reconnected and presto, system was good to go. My question is why doesn't Big Foot have this procedure in their owners manual? Why don't they have the switch on the panel? Shame on them!
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
Navy Junior

Thanks for the this hint.
I threw the system for a loop when I tried to use the Big Foot with the battery switch for the coach in the off position. to reset I turned the battery switch back on and let the battery come back to full charge. The issue for me was getting to the end of the the Big Foot remote umbilical cord. It is terminated under the driver's side seat. Very difficult to get to. I have the option that will allow the driver's seat to rotate to the back, so lots of extra hardware to get to the terminal end. I had to slide the seat fully forward, then reach down through a hand sized hole to get at the pedestal base. I had to feel around(no visibility) I unplugged it and reinserted the cord. This reset the remote control and I was able to get the keel blocks down for dry docking my Sunseeker again.
Happy cruising.
SunSeeker 3050 is offline   Reply With Quote