Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #21

I haven't had the chance to go work on it. I called Quadra Mfg and spoke to tech Support. great guy to talk with (Rick). He was very helpful.

The flashing LEDs in the four directions (front, rear, left, right) after the power on self test indicate which direction(s) the coach is out of level. As the four directions approach level, they go from blinking (way out) to solid-on (close to level) to off (level).

Your front/right not working is another matter altogether. Does the pump motor try to run? Check the breaker? The installation manual shows a 120A breaker right after the aux battery.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #22

I checked the breakers, checked the up indicators, R F will motor in manual mode when it's up and you are trying to raise but will not go down or make a sound in manual or auto mode at all. The unit was just transported back for the 3rd time to the Elkhart, IN factory for this and other problems especially the slide room. I called Bigfoot and left messages and no one called me back.
Alwidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #23

It took a day for tech support (Rick) at Quadra/Bigfoot to call me back. In my message I let them it wasn't a critical issue I had.

Do you have the user manual for the system? Page 21 shows the pump/power pack arrangement. Sounds like solenoid or wiring but Quadra should be able to help a lot more than I can.

Each time we encounter something new, I learn a lot more about the multitude of systems on our Coach.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #24

We have taken ours on 2 long trips and about 4 short ones. Every time we have problems that really ruin the trip. Very aggravating.
Alwidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #25

Bigfoot Leveling System - Troubles and Solutions

All;

It's been a few months and I've got a few updates for the BFL system. We've had pretty good results.

I did replace the two plunger switches in the front. Our "all up" warning wouldn't go away and after I crawled underneath and started checking the wiring, I determined that both switches were faulty. Quadra sent me two new ones free of charge but I had to pay for shipping. I've actually sourced a local supplier for these plungers and have two spares in my tool kit now.

We did have one scare on our recent two-week trip. We were packing up one morning to drive to a different park and when I did the automatic retract, the rear left (driver side) jack wouldn't move. It was wet, cold and raining and we were stuck with our back corner pinned to the ground. After a few jigs to try and unstick the cylinder and reading the manual (!) to see what could cause it, nothing helped.

I called Quadra (luckily we had cell service) and spoke with Rick. Another big shout out to him. He told me to put the system in manual, press and hold the retract button and then to press the button of the stuck jack. I heard a click when I did this and he explained that the click was the solenoid shuttling but because the pump didn't run, it was an electrical issue with the pump itself.

Out came the tool kit. I climbed under the coach and removed the plastic cover (two bolts) on the stuck unit. After surveying the wiring, I found three wires coming from the pump. One of them ran straight to a bolt on the bottom solenoid that was direct to ground. I grabbed the socket wrench, removed the bolt, wire brushed the contact points and bolted everything back together.

That (THANKFULLY!!!) corrected the issue and we were able to lift and go.

I don't think I can fault Quadra for that as grounding contact points can foul up with any automotive electrical system.

I still find that the auto-level system has a hard time when there is a slight slope and I usually end up doing the manual level.

Overall, I still wouldn't want to be without the system. I don't like that two plunger switches failed and a ground contact needed to be cleaned all within a year and half of being new, but I will shout the accolades of Quadra's willingness to help me each and every time.

For the time saving and benefit of a sway-free camper, I would still recommend the BFL from Quadra.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #26

Big Foot Leveling System

Deleted and question asked on new thread
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #27
Love My Sunseeker

Mine was installed after market at the Forest River Factory (this means, when my unit was finished, they drove it to the Big Foot factory and got it installed).

MUCH better than the HWH, which I was told was the ONLY system a Class C could handle. I have an engineer friend, and you know how engineers are, well, he said my RV was as level as could be.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote