Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Big Foot Leveling System

I'm researching the Big Foot Leveling System for my
2013 - 3010DS.
Anyone own one, and would like to give an opinion/review
on the how the system works, quality, etc.
Will the installation of the system effect the FR warranty in anyway?
Thanks for any help.

Mike & Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
I have a 2011 3170 that we bought used this winter with the Big Foot system on it. the only thing i had to do to it was reset the level indicator and that was easy with the instructions in the Manuel. we have used our motor home 7 times this year and have had no problems with the big foot system. in my opinion this is a very good system and it has worked well for us. hope this helps

lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Plain Old Member
They work. Reliable enough. Good company. I like the lack of hydraulic lines due to the individual jack pumps. I never use the auto level feature anymore though. Just like my previous HWH system, it wouldn't go to the same level twice. It will go almost level, and for some this is enough. the system I'm sure has a little +\- tolerance. I've recalibrated mine 4 times pet the manual inside my shop using a 4' level as reference. Also have the exterior bubble levels set using the 4' on counters and floor. It just doesn't satisfy me. So, I run each jack down till it barely tags the ground, then run in sets to achieve level. Having spent 18 years on floating offshore drilling rigs, my equilibrium is a shade different than some. I can walk around in one and sense a fraction off, my wife can live with most anything. I drive her nuts with this.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
I have them on my 2012 3170 and love them. Just like BigJohnD, I don't use the auto level feature, it tends to lift all my wheels off the ground which I don't like. I operate them in pairs and use a level app on my wife's cell phone.
Jay and Joan +3
Air Force Family
2012 Sunseeker 3170DS
jrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Love mine and have yet to lift tires off ground. Auto mode always. Beer cold and eggs stay in pan. I'am so good..
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Thumbs up here too. Had the Quadra Bigfoot system added after the sale directly from the Quadra facility in Michigan. Good people. Good product. We almost always get fairly level sites so wanted it more for stabilization. Does that. But not 100% better. We have two kids who are active so, for example, we could easily feel the daughter getting out of the cabover when we were in bed in the back prior to the system. Maybe 75% better now. We use the auto level feature. It isn't 100% exact every time but we are content with it that way.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
We have a 3010DS and love the bigfoot jacks. Pull into the site and hit the button. Nothing to it. Set up in a minute. Feel sorry for the folks with travel trailers cranking the jacks in the rain. We have been across country in many different places and they are great. They do have a limit of 5 deg. If the sensor sees more tilt than that, you'll have to use pads and manual operation. Only had to do that once. Ours came factory installed so there shouldn't be any warranty issues. The company notified me there was an upgrade to put a bar on the back jacks to make them more rigid if fully extended. Sent the bar and instructions to me no charge. They would have paid to have it put on, but it was an easy install. There is a little bit of wiggle in the rear of the RV when moving around like making the bed. This is because of the placement of the jacks, and it's only noticeable when I am working with my laptop at the dinette instead of helping
You will also want to get pads for soft ground. The footpad is fine for asphalt and gravel, but it will push into soft soil.
Bob and Joy
2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
rhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
PS. Should not affect the warranty in any way since that is the same system that we use at the factory.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
My wife and I have a 2011 Sunseeker 2300 with Bigfoot jacks factory installed. Wouldn't leave home without them! Nothing like pulling into a camp site on a rainy day and leveling from the comfort of the cab.

The jacks have proven to be reliable and to consistently achieve a comfortable level condition with automatic operation. Since the Sunseeker rides a bit low in the front to begin with, I use the manual method of leveling when camp sites have a pronounced slope to the front. Using the automatic method can result in raising the front wheels off the ground under those circumstances. Otherwise, the automatic method hits a sweet spot leaving all four wheels on the ground.

Since there is only about a 4-inch clearance between the pads and ground with the back jacks in my setup, I must be aware of situations in which the traveling surface makes abrupt changes. After some 8,000 miles of travel, I have encountered only one instance in which the back pads scraped pavement when leaving a gas station.

From my experience, I give Bigfoot two thumbs up.
Al Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Our Forester 3051S came with factory installed Bigfoot leveler. I like the convenience of the auto leveling, but on our first two trips, the leveler seems to adjust with right side 1/8 to 1/4 bubble high and rear at least 1/4 bubble high on my level. It even has raised rear tires off the ground a couple of times. I manually leveled without having to raise the tires. Sounds like I might need to calibrate the system. Has anyone here done that? The procedure in the manual seems to be fairly straight forward.

dcogs15 is online now   Reply With Quote