Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #1

Big thank you to bclemens

My wife and I are buying a Sunseeker 3050S...it is being built now. We are very excited. As I wander through the forums to learn more (first time buying a camper) I am so impressed by bclemens posts and willingness to help everyone. It was so much so that I thought it needed a mention in the forum. You helped me a ton in figuring out which option to buy including the swivel seats and I have seen you help many more.

Sometimes the good feedback never gets heard so I wanted to shout it. I realize that you are not representing Sunseeker in any way, but you are a great representative for the company. Well done sir.

Actually, I do have one question, do the 3050S all come with the outdoor shower components?
trnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Ditto from us...We are also planning on a 3050S purchase, hopefully this year, and have learned a great deal from this forum and especially from Brian. One option that we wanted was the "Automatic HD Satellite system w/ Dish receiver", but I understand that it is no longer available as an option...is that correct, Brian?
Anyway, thanks for all the invaluable help in our pre-planning.
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
RV Wannabe

I am close to ordering a 2300. These forums and access to bclemens, and his responsiveness are part of the reason.
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #4

We own a 2014 3050 and love it! And I believe the outside shower is standard equipment. Brian has been a great resource on the forum as well as being our local rep who helped to complete some rather extensive repairs on our slide. Met him at the recent RV show and his commitment to customers is genuine. I am VERY glad we went with a FR product.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Commercial Member

thank you for the thanks and you are all very welcome. Glad to help.

Outside shower is standard on the 3050.

The Satellite is no longer an option. We pre-wire on the roof and utility area for a Sat system. There just became too many options and Dish was changing their receiver size.

Sat with DirecTV, automatic. Sat for less money that was Dish only with receiver, then in motion, carryouts, VQUBE.

We just figured we'd get it close and you can customize as you would like.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #6
Wait till next year...

ditto on thanks to Mr Clemens

We had put a down payment on a Jayco mh but after a weekend of comparing models and forums suffered thru extreme buyers remorse and cancelled the deal. Ordered a 2650s from same dealer so alls well with him. One of the main reasons we choose the sunseeker, was this forum and Mr. Clemens participation. Thank you Mr Clemens
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #7

I also want to thank you bclemens.

Thanks for all the info and quick responses.

And I also want to thanks everyone in the forums, this is a wonderful place to learn and communicate, especially as a newbie.

Finally, my wife and I has made up our mind and placed an order for a 2015 3010ds before the end of November 2014.

Our dealer told us it should enter the production line early January and estimated a late February delivery.

We are so excited! Thanks again.
karcarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #8

i want to say thank you to all that work at forest river. had a problem with roof leak, seemed the front cap was not sealed correctly. unit two years old now , but covered by factory so thank you. only problem now is bunk curtains are shredding on the back. if i could get the person i can order new ones from, that would be great. am willing to pay, and will send ones i have back so they can show the company that made them a problem in the material used on the back is defective keep on camping
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
i want to say thank you to all that work at forest river. had a problem with roof leak, seemed the front cap was not sealed correctly. unit two years old now , but covered by factory so thank you. only problem now is bunk curtains are shredding on the back. if i could get the person i can order new ones from, that would be great. am willing to pay, and will send ones i have back so they can show the company that made them a problem in the material used on the back is defective keep on camping

Backing on my bunk curtains is also shredding. Sounds like we have defective material.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 02-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Shoot me a picture if you can on the backing. I'd be curious to see what material it is.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #11

bclemens has helped me too in the past. He doesn't get paid enough I'm sure.... :-)
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Shoot me a picture if you can on the backing. I'd be curious to see what material it is.

Here is the back of a bunk curtain. The backing is just flaking off.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423076458.626386.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	69195
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423076478.098788.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	69196

Old 02-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #13

The curtains on ours did the same. We trimmed off the backings and dearly beloved sewed on new ones. Biodegradable materials are great for some applications, but not for this one.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #14
Commercial Member

We've swtiched fabrics lately, but if you take a picture of the mounting style (rod or track) and a close up of the fabric I'll see if we have any laying around.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #15

mine are the same, will gladly send one since i can not have my 6 years up there with curtains that desolve will take them down and replace with something else
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #16

Big thank you to bclemens

mine are on a track and are a beige color:

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423235903.838220.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	69233

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423235921.771906.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	69234  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #17
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN and model and address (I know its a 2300 but I will forget by time I get the PM).