Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Plain Old Member

Black Flush

Well my black flush finally quit. Seems to be plugged up, which doesn't shock me due to the tiny holes in the sprayer. This one is a bit of a bear to get to, so hopefully I can get it out and drill the holes out a little bigger. I got a couple of spare black flush nozzles like that one so I may experiment with the drill hole size first. I've already filled the tank up with water and strong soap in hopes it would loosen up whatever is stopping up the jet, but that failed. Anybody removed one on a 3121 or the SS 3120?
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #2

I have never taken my black flusher out but I have installed a gray tank flusher which was easy. My 2012 doesn't have the tank cover panel that the newer models have so it is pretty easy to get to.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

Mine has the cover, which is easy to remove, but even then it's in a tight spot between the tank and sidewall. The tubing 90's straight up from the fitting and under the bathroom sink. I believe you're the one who originally helped me dissect the plumbing on this thing. Hoping to disconnect it from the antisyphon valve, remove the flush nozzle and take the whole assembly out, tubing and nozzle. Can't do it now cause we're camping and I can make due without. The gray tank is easy to get to, the black tank nozzle is forward of that hatch opening, back right wheel as yours probably is. Been a while since I had the cover off, I just remember it being a little cramped and thinking if I had to remove it, it wouldn't be just terrible. We'll see soon enough.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #4

How about trying an air fitting used to winterize the water line. Screw it into the connection for the black flush and start with low air pressure. If the sprayer is clogged from the outside this may work. I carry that fitting and a very small air compressor on-board.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Plain Old Member

Might try it when I get home. You'll never know if you got all the holes unplugged unless its removed and checked / bench tested. I'm putting 60 psi water pressure to it now. I still want to take it out and drill out the holes. I'm not diving into it for another week when i get home. My tiffin did the same thing and drilling them was the most popular and successful fix amongst many. I usually don't let my tank get that full, but we did, now its plugged. No biggy.