Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

Black tank flush.

I have been a visitor to the forum many times,so I finally decided to join in.My wife and I are thinking about buying a Sunseeker 3100ss from RV Direct.My question concerns the availability of a black tank flush,I don't see it listed on the standard features or option list.Thanks in advance for any information.
Six Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !
altho I cant answer your specific question . The black tank flush can be added upon request I'm sure .
Worse case scenario your dealer can install one !
good luck in your hunt !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #3

I installed a Quickie Flush on my black tank and it was so easy and worked so well I installed one on my grey tank too. My Flagstaff dosen't have an enclosed underbelly, if yours does that will add a bit of complexity.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

Came standard on my 2300.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #5

We just got a 2013 3100 from rv direct earlier this month. the black tank flush was included in the safe and sound package. Although the safe and sound package is technically an option it is a no charge option (at least through rv direct). So, at the end of the day, the black tank flush was essentially a standard item.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
We just got a 2013 3100 from rv direct earlier this month. the black tank flush was included in the safe and sound package. Although the safe and sound package is technically an option it is a no charge option (at least through rv direct). So, at the end of the day, the black tank flush was essentially a standard item.
What is it with the "Standard Option" crap?
No one else does that; just the RV industry.

It is an "option" they charge for; but you can't order a camper without it.
Other "standard options" are things like smoke detectors and the propane detector.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
What is it with the "Standard Option" crap?
No one else does that; just the RV industry.

It is an "option" they charge for; but you can't order a camper without it.
Other "standard options" are things like smoke detectors and the propane detector.
We're just about to take our standard options off. Not sure why everyone else does it that way, ours started off from corporate???? It's kind of like blue laws. At on time there was a reason to do it that way (accounting issue, adding a new tax but calling it something else) then over time we forget why they were charged but forced and then no one bothers to change it.

The Safe & Sound was a package deal that we offered dealers. There is sound logic behind why we do it for dealers (that I won't get in to), but one reason is that we get many units spec'd the way we want them instead of 29 different builds. Many times a dealer is more concerned with hitting a price point and not giving customers what they commonly want.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Site Team - Lou

And here I thought it was because the dealer could advertise a price that you can't actually buy the camper for; then add "options" at full retail that you can't get the camper without; without violating the "Bait and Switch" law.

Silly me.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
And here I thought it was because the dealer could advertise a price that you can't actually buy the camper for; then add "options" at full retail that you can't get the camper without; without violating the "Bait and Switch" law.

Silly me.
Now that's funny !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Well...they could do that too. But it's not why we do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #11

Angry

But be careful where the flush hose connection is. My 2300 came with it. I don't know if it was dealer or factory installed. The hose connects right above the panel to access the dump valves. So with the hose connected the door can not latch up making an already unpleasant task more of a hassle. I'm taking the factory tour next week and will bring this up.
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, black tank flush