Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #21

Flush plugged

This has happened to me and many others. Use your air compressor to blow into the water intake, and it will clear the blockage, which is on the tip inside the tank.

Happy Trails, Forrest
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #22

Davegood...would you (or someone) please post a photo of your black tank flush location. I also have a 2011 2300 Sunseeker and was unaware that my RV might have this feature. I've been flushing it out with a hose down the toilet.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:57 AM   #23

I don't think my 2012 2900 has this feature, I've been relegated to the "geo-method".
Mike968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #24

I'll try to post a photo, but it's the garden hose connector to the left and slightly above the holding tank access door and just below the outside shower.
davegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #25

Maggiewaggie,

Our 2011 model 3100 Sunseeker did not come with a black tank flush. I had to add one. Mine is a Tornado brand that came with a backflow preventor that screws on the garden hose.

They started installing the flush systems being discussed a few years after ours was built.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #26
Mod free 5er

Here is a picture of my black tank inlet just inside the trailer. It was originally plumbed to go from the inlet to a backflow vent/preventer behind the bathroom lavatory and then down to the black tank flush. The one behind the lavatory started leaking, so I just removed it and plumbed from the inlet with the brass bf preventer valve directly into the black tank flusher. Eliminated about 8'-10' of hose and the plastic bf vent/preventer. Works better now without the added restriction of the plastic one behind the lavatory that had 2 additional 90 degree fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black tank back flow valve 1.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	90119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black tank back flow valve close up.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	90120  
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiewaggie View Post
Davegood...would you (or someone) please post a photo of your black tank flush location. I also have a 2011 2300 Sunseeker and was unaware that my RV might have this feature. I've been flushing it out with a hose down the toilet.
The pic I posted on page two here at 12:37 pm shows the inlet. It is directly above the sewer bay door below the outside shower. If you have one it will look identical to the fresh water feed on the rear driver corner....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #28
2012 Sunseeker 2650CDS

2650 CdW black water vacuum valve

I attached a picture of my black water vacuum valve. It was in the cabinet beside and under the bathroom sink. One hose comes from the outside attachment and the other goes down to the black water tank nozzle. Talking to a tech he said to fill your black water tank to the top with fresh water and let it sit for a few days to make sure no toilet paper hardened on the nozzle. After that it is probably the vacuum valve. You might try banging it but he has never seen that work. I'm still working on mine. Tried filling the tank and a little compressed air but nothing is moving anything. In process of getting it replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black water vacuum valve.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	95271  
Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #29

Thanks for your input. I found my valve in the same location, although it looks somewhat different. I had filled my black tank with hot water from a sink and let it sit at least for days. After dumping the tank I still could not flush. Tapping also didn't work. I haven't had it services yet because I got involved with installing a bypass valve for winterizing (another nightmare because there wasn't room to put the valve in to the left of the water pump). Please post how much it cost to fix the backflow. It will help me decide what to do.
davegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #30

What a shitty situation (insert *drum drum cymbal* here)
jjlavin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank