Old 10-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #1

black water flush

I used my black water flush for the first time and water sprayed underneath. How do I access black water tank on 2012 C class sunseeker to check out the problem

Old 10-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

Open the door to your sewer drain connection. Remove the white panel on the left. The black tank is on the left, the grey tank is on the right.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #3

thanks Rambler. There is no panel on the left. I can see tanks but can,t locate tank flush line. 3100 sunseeker
Old 10-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #4

Are you sure that there is a problem with the tank? When you started the flush procedure was the black tank valve open or shut, if it was shut you could have a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhutt View Post
I used my black water flush for the first time and water sprayed underneath. How do I access black water tank on 2012 C class sunseeker to check out the problem
There's a vac-brk in the flush water line about three or four feet above the black tank nozzle entrance. Wherever your leak is showing, go inside and try to locate the valve about chest high. Could be closet or behind access panel. They often fail, available at Home Depot.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Best thing to do is just eliminate it and install a quality brass back flow preventer available at Lowes/HD inside the trailer on the inlet and plumb it directly to the black tank flush. No need for a vacuum breaker as the tank is vented.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
There's a vac-brk in the flush water line about three or four feet above the black tank nozzle entrance. Wherever your leak is showing, go inside and try to locate the valve about chest high. Could be closet or behind access panel. They often fail, available at Home Depot.
"Laws are made to be broken", however this is one I would considered it....

"The Public Health Service Act is a United States federal law enacted in 1944. The full act is captured under Title 42 of the United States Code (The Public Health and ... " Look up the Fed rules re potable water and connections here.

RVIA didn't require probably close to a million RV and boats to be fitted with this Vac breaker for nothing! All new homes have them also whenever outside connections are made to drinking water, even RV parks have them fitted.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
"Laws are made to be broken", however this is one I would considered it....

"The Public Health Service Act is a United States federal law enacted in 1944. The full act is captured under Title 42 of the United States Code (The Public Health and ... " Look up the Fed rules re potable water and connections here.

RVIA didn't require probably close to a million RV and boats to be fitted with this Vac breaker for nothing! All new homes have them also whenever outside connections are made to drinking water, even RV parks have them fitted.
I can see the need for a back flow preventer, but what good is a vacuum breaker?
Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I can see the need for a back flow preventer, but what good is a vacuum breaker?
I think most factory installs use a combination vacuum breaker/check valve type switch. This one has 2 shut off valves. 1 is the spring loaded output shutoff (check valve) and the other is the input free floating shutoff disk which opens and closes due to atmosphere venting (vacuum breaker) out the top. Do both sides need to be shut off; I don't know but I think this is the way it is done for majority of FR installs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vacuum-breaker.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	90865  
Old 10-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #10

The valve shown is as specified in the rules. The Vac breaker acts a circuit breaker in the water flow. If the water attempts to reverse in the event of a supply pressure failure It will instantly open and break the partial vacuum as it forms. Once it is broken the height of the loop will prevent the back flow from occurring again. Remember you must not only prevent liquid flow from the black tank, you must also prevent vapor flow into the drinking water piping. This is the reason for the redundancy. Its pretty nasty stuff to protect against. Every time the hose outside is disconnected, this valve operates to drain the line to the tank. That's one reason you'll get a small amount of spray from the breaker when it sees pressure again.

Tags
black, black water, water