Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #1

Blinking Ceiling Lights

I have 2016 Sunseeker 3010 DS and seeking to see it anyone has had a sporadic problem with the (2) two ceiling LED lights starting to blinking. Itís happened to me (4) four or (5) five times in the last several months. All I do is turn them off for several minutes, then turn them on and they work fine for (2) two or (3) three weeks. It only the front (2) two lights (living room).

CJ Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Forever View Post
I have 2016 Sunseeker 3010 DS and seeking to see it anyone has had a sporadic problem with the (2) two ceiling LED lights starting to blinking. Itís happened to me (4) four or (5) five times in the last several months. All I do is turn them off for several minutes, then turn them on and they work fine for (2) two or (3) three weeks. It only the front (2) two lights (living room).
Yes. Has happened a few times. No, I have not been able to id the problem.

Only clue is : last time it happened, unit had been parked at home for several weeks. Checked batteries and they indicated low but not poor. I connect shore power and it stopped.

Not convinced it was the problem or not. It has not happen since then. Still looking for answer.

rvharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #3

The answer is cheap quality Chinese LED lights. Yes, low voltage will cause this.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Site Team

Many times LED fixtures contain LED modules that are a combination of LEDs and RF driver components. Some of the lower quality circuits do not like low voltage and will oscillate and cause the LEDs to flash. You can duplicate this at home if you try to control an LED bulb with a traditional analog dimmer. If the battery is good, it could be a marginal connection causing a voltage drop.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #5

Blinking Ceiling Lights

I have a 2016 3010DS. I've seen that happen a few times when dry camping. It seems to be low voltage. I start the gen and get some charging and problem goes away.
kins83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #6

I have had the problem. I have a 2016 33IK Cedar Creek Silverback. Same year as your coach so maybe they used the same LED lights.

The lights were mfg by a company called Bright Ideas, LLC. I emailed Trent Wagner there and he said it was there light but Forest River wanted anyone with issues to contact them directly. It seems the LED’s are only rated for 12 volts and the charging system in my 5th wheel can output upwards to 14 volts. This is according to Trent.

I contacted Salena Halsey (shalsey@forestriverinc.com) at Forest River and explained my situation. She then forwarded my info to Shawna Short (sshort@forestriverinc.com). Shawna contacted me and asked me to count all my lights in the overhead and all the lights with push buttons. I counted a total of 27 LED lights.

Shawna then had 27 lights mailed to me pronto. Forest River is the best for standing behind their product.

I will attach pics of my defective lights. The pics are with the cover removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B48C874-2322-473F-9D18-4E738F1923CC.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	194351   Click image for larger version

Name:	664C73AA-486D-4284-AC4A-F63E51BCD72C.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	194352  

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #7

we had to have several of our LED lights replaced after this summer trip. Not only did they blink but also strobbed (like the old fashioned dance hall things) - had a dealer disconnect this first one that went as we couldn't stand it - then the ones that were a problem were replaced under warranty.
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I have had the problem. I have a 2016 33IK Cedar Creek Silverback. Same year as your coach so maybe they used the same LED lights.

The lights were mfg by a company called Bright Ideas, LLC. I emailed Trent Wagner there and he said it was there light but Forest River wanted anyone with issues to contact them directly. It seems the LEDís are only rated for 12 volts and the charging system in my 5th wheel can output upwards to 14 volts. This is according to Trent.

I contacted Salena Halsey (shalsey@forestriverinc.com) at Forest River and explained my situation. She then forwarded my info to Shawna Short (sshort@forestriverinc.com). Shawna contacted me and asked me to count all my lights in the overhead and all the lights with push buttons. I counted a total of 27 LED lights.

Shawna then had 27 lights mailed to me pronto. Forest River is the best for standing behind their product.

I will attach pics of my defective lights. The pics are with the cover removed.
Thanks for the info. We had one push-button lamp fail and replaced under warranty. Now out of warranty, a non -push button ceiling lamp has started strobing while the two mounted next to it work normally.
I will contact Forest River and see if they'll help.

I was surprised to get a temperature reading of close to 200 degrees F from the lamp using an infrared temperature gun. I don't suppose the circuitry would last too long at that temperature.
Once hot, all of our push-button lamps are very difficult to turn off.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #9

I know Jayco had a recall on some of their LED lighting due to overheating. Couldn't tell what brand they are off the top of my head, but I can ask my son who owns the trailer later this evening.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
Thanks for the info. We had one push-button lamp fail and replaced under warranty. Now out of warranty, a non -push button ceiling lamp has started strobing while the two mounted next to it work normally.
I will contact Forest River and see if they'll help.

I was surprised to get a temperature reading of close to 200 degrees F from the lamp using an infrared temperature gun. I don't suppose the circuitry would last too long at that temperature.
Once hot, all of our push-button lamps are very difficult to turn off.
Warranty was not an issue for me. This all happened in the last month and my RV is the same year as yours..

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light